Zeitgeist Addendum

Anything that doesn't fit into the subject of other forums goes here. Guns, drugs, religion, politics whatever. No flames!

Moderator: Chris Slack

Desert Mermaid

Zeitgeist Addendum

Post by Desert Mermaid »

I can't remember who posted a long time ago about Zeitgeist. I looked through the old posts and can't find it.

Thank you whoever it was.

Death Frogg's been trying to get me to watch it for years and Broken Glass Lotion and I ran out of stuff to watch on the boobtube Friday night. Being sick of the political and financial propaganda, we decided to finally watch Zeitgeist and see what all of you were talking about.

Interesting, to say the least. It took me 4 watches to see the whole thing and my brain still isn't up to par enough to probably "get" it as much as I would've before but I've still had my paradigm shifted.

Not that I'm going to create my views based on YOUR opinions but I would like to know what the opinions are of some of the people that I respect more than anyone I've ever met. (yes... my old views got lost and I have to create a new set of opinions and values - sort of cool-sort of not)

Advise me....
"I am only one; but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;
I will not refuse to do the something I can do." - Hellen Keller
derek666

Post by derek666 »

I've watched it 3 times and it is alot to take in. The 3 part thing makes it a good watch/ listen. The jesus/ zodiac timeline thing is crazy, I wrote most the names down they were talking about and looked it up and sure as shit, every new age has a " Jesus" just like it said. So I guess in 2012 a new one will be born.

The money part of it I found extremely interesting. Alot of it I have heard and read before but alot I had no clue about. I forget the 3rd part of it, will have to watch again, or listen I should say.

I believe it was Pondscum that posted it on here a year or 2 ago?? I mentioned it once to Vish on a different thread and I think that was the last time it was mentioned on here.
derek666

Post by derek666 »

Desert Mermaid wrote:I can't remember who posted a long time ago about Zeitgeist. I looked through the old posts and can't find it.

Thank you whoever it was.

Death Frogg's been trying to get me to watch it for years and Broken Glass Lotion and I ran out of stuff to watch on the boobtube Friday night. Being sick of the political and financial propaganda, we decided to finally watch Zeitgeist and see what all of you were talking about.

Interesting, to say the least. It took me 4 watches to see the whole thing and my brain still isn't up to par enough to probably "get" it as much as I would've before but I've still had my paradigm shifted.

Not that I'm going to create my views based on YOUR opinions but I would like to know what the opinions are of some of the people that I respect more than anyone I've ever met. (yes... my old views got lost and I have to create a new set of opinions and values - sort of cool-sort of not)

Advise me....
Sorry for the last post, I had no clue that there is a 2nd one

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7695921912

I am in the middle of watching this second one, Addendum at this moment.:cheers:
Project Undead Vish

Post by Project Undead Vish »

RaneStone started a thread on it right after PnDsCm did, as well. I just recently watched it. Very interesting.
Hate the religion and pity the believer.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/VishDonkeyPunch/thlohanboobies.gif[/img]
PnDsCm

Post by PnDsCm »

Watch the money part a few more times and dig the fact that we're doing it AGAIN!

It's all about control.
[b][color=Pink]Mark it to MARKET bitches![/color][/b]
PnDsCm

Post by PnDsCm »

And now they will use robots to do it!
newscientist.com wrote:
Packs of robots will hunt down uncooperative humans

The latest request from the Pentagon jars the senses. At least, it did mine. They are looking for contractors to provide a "Multi-Robot Pursuit System" that will let packs of robots "search for and detect a non-cooperative human".
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/short ... g%20robots

So everybody make sure that you "cooperate"...
Desert Mermaid

Post by Desert Mermaid »

I didn't realize that the one we watched is the newer version. I was wondering how Obama and McCain were included. Is it so new that they are explaining the current financial mess or was it a forecast?

I'd heard most of the information before but not pulled together and connected in this way. I still need to watch the end again. It got pretty overwhelming. Especially all of the doom and gloom in the beginning. Tim tells me that there is a possible happy ending or at least some positive actions that we can take. But like I said, I dont really "get" it like I used to yet AND I didn't watch the end yet.
"I am only one; but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;
I will not refuse to do the something I can do." - Hellen Keller
enkryaalex1

Post by enkryaalex1 »

There definitely is a possible happy ending... guess we'll have to wait and see..... in the meantime.. enjoy the show.
PnDsCm

Post by PnDsCm »

I watched the addendum last night. Pretty OK. I liked the money stuff although it is factually wrong for part of the time on fractional reserve banking. Then the utopian technological future showed up and I had to go to sleep. I don't have time for that shit.
Human333

Post by Human333 »

Well I really enjoyed both videos for the most part. Even with some inaccuracies in both films there is a substantial amount of truth that is worth consideration at the very least. The idea that we are all debt slaves isn't a new one but a very true one that begs us to look closer at the way we allow ourselves to be herded into so many mindless actions out of convenience and fear for our safety. Unfortunately, the change this country and the world needs won't and can't come from the election of any president or passing of any law. It has to come from a realization that the current system has failed us and so we cultivate the willingness make real change towards a healthy conscious unification of the human race. The majority of us that speak of wanting change (including myself) only want change on the surface level and that's exactly what we are about to get no matter who gets elected tonight. Changing our clothes, changing where we live or who we are in a relationship with is not real change. Real change means re-examining our lives from top to bottom and means some serious bouts of discomfort as we transform our way of thinking and more importantly our way of feeling towards each other.

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." Albert Einstein
[color="DarkOrange"][SIZE="4"]Brother stand the pain; Escape the poison of your impulses. The sky will bow to your beauty, if you do. Learn to light the candle. Rise with the sun. Turn away from the cave of your sleeping. That way a thorn expands to a rose. A particular glows with the universal. ~ Mevlana Rumi [/SIZE][/color]