Obama!

Anything that doesn't fit into the subject of other forums goes here. Guns, drugs, religion, politics whatever. No flames!

Moderator: Chris Slack

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

I heard Rush Limbaugh during my lunch break today. You should have heard how dramatically he turned on McCain. Only the day after the election even! I haven't listened to him much in the past and it wasn't until today that I realized how much of a whiney little child he is.
[size=75]

[i]Be brave! And one you too will be free![/i]
-Cledfb

[i]"The thing is, all this 'I'm different in real life' is crap. Your lie might not be the real you, but you are a liar."[/i]
-I am 138

[i]"Let us toast the fools - but for them, the rest of us could not succeed."[/i]
-Mark Twain
[/size]
MetalGoddess

Post by MetalGoddess »

I'm in Missouri this week, and was in Indiana last week. There seemed to be an equal number of Obama and McCain signs everywhere I've been.

I'm very happy that Obama won. I just hope he remains strong enough to not be corrupted.
[color="Magenta"][font="Century Gothic"][b][i][SIZE="2"][url]http://www.myspace.com/metalgoddesscarrie[/url][/SIZE][/i][/b][/font][/color]
Project Undead Vish

Post by Project Undead Vish »

derek666 wrote:Rossi was very classy also!! Unlike past whiny fuckers that didn't win.
Yes he was. I give him props for that. It's nice to have a clear winner this time around.
Hate the religion and pity the believer.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/VishDonkeyPunch/thlohanboobies.gif[/img]
wadruid

Post by wadruid »

derek666 wrote:I hate white people;)
I just hate people.
[font="Arial Black"][color="Navy"][/color][/font]
Beauty is a depreciating comodity, but blow job skills are forever.:metalhead

[url]http://www.myspace.com/wolfprintsphotography[/url]
Blake NWR

Post by Blake NWR »

I hate Brusells sprouts.

Just sayin'.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/theswampzombiecult]Join the cult...[/url]
skipp666

Post by skipp666 »

DUDE!
NO WAY!
Can you see Alaska from Oregon? :D
Blake NWR wrote:I hate Brusells sprouts.

Just sayin'.
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/th842b005b.gif[/img][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/ticket.jpg[/img][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/28025.gif[/img]

Originally Posted by Shitcock Jr
Skipp and the Spice 5[the first pressing of "Douche, the cleaner of the beast" gets my fist in the air everytime!!!].

WWMKD?

[SIZE="1"]"Fatwa has been declared on my ass by the Joanothin. AKA Hippie Gnome."
- Skipp666 (Oct. 5th, 2007)[/SIZE]

RIP Mr. Reed :whine:
gunther

Post by gunther »

obama's speech reminded me of thulsa doom on conan the barbarian!hope none of you guys own a business or plan on owning one.
Project Undead Vish

Nope, Gunther. My business died under the Bush economy.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/VishDonkeyPunch/thlohanboobies.gif[/img]
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

gunther wrote:hope none of you guys own a business or plan on owning one.
Oh yeah? Why is that? I'm dying to know why you feel that way.
[color=#000000][font=dotum][b][size=100][color=Yellow]
[/color][/size][/b][/font][/color]
Oof

Post by Oof »

Blake NWR wrote:I hate Brusells sprouts.

Just sayin'.

Dude, brussel sprouts are awesome! Especially when smothered in cheese.

Cant hang with nato. (Nato the food not the org)
derek666

Post by derek666 »

Adremelech wrote:Oh yeah? Why is that? I'm dying to know why you feel that way.
I will partially answer this one. Taxes, Taxes and more Taxes!! The money for all his plans has to come from somewhere, and with his minions being elected here who have stated over and over about raising taxes on businesses, guess that would be a good reason to believe that! Prime example would be Darcy Burner, if she pulls out a win, small businesses are screwed! Her words, from her mouth about raising taxes on us little people! Look it up

If Obama cared so much for us low income people, wouldn't he be helping out his own brother? Theres a thought for you. I think he is a puppet, a politition and full of shit.
Irrylath

Post by Irrylath »

NC went blue!!!! fuck yeh! I'm happy now. :)
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats.
- - - Albert Schweitzer

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/irrylath76/mordor.jpg[/img]
Adremelech

Post by Adremelech »

derek666 wrote:a politition and full of shit.
Can't hold that against him since ALL politicians are full of it. They wouldn't get to the top without being good bullshitters. Judge him relative to other politicians, not human beings.
[color=#000000][font=dotum][b][size=100][color=Yellow]
[/color][/size][/b][/font][/color]
Blonde leading the blonde

Post by Blonde leading the blonde »

Adremelech wrote:Can't hold that against him since ALL politicians are full of it. They wouldn't get to the top without being good bullshitters. Judge him relative to other politicians, not human beings.
So to sum up, is it fair to quote Douglas Adams? "Anyone capable of getting himself made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." :D
[img]http://23.floweringnightshade.com/shade/images/VernTinkStar.jpg[/img]

[font="Arial Narrow"]It's not who you are, it's what you wear. I mean, who cares who you are?[/font]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/theblondeleadingtheblonde][font="Arial"][SIZE="2"]100,000 Lemmings Can't Be Wrong![/SIZE][/font][/url]
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

If any of you watched the 2004 Dem Convention and listened to Obama speak there, you knew, like I knew, this guy was going to be something special. Watching him through out this campaign and how he conducted himself was special.

Of course he can't fix everything that's wrong, right now. But he will do a lot of good. He'll surround himself with great minds, those who "think outside the box". And he'll push for policies that are in the country's best interest. Some may hurt at first, some may not even put a dent in Bush's damage. But out of all who were running and could have run, this was our best chance at improving the United States' future.
Take a picture, trick. I'm on a boat, bitch.
The Green Manalishi

Post by The Green Manalishi »

We're all in this sh*t together, payin' the same damn high prices for gas, groceries,etc.

We're all justa bunch a Monkeys flyin' thru space on a rock, wondering what the hell, so let's just THANK whiskey that G.W. Jerkoff only has two more months!!!

peace.
"Ideas, who knows where they frickin' come from".
"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him in the head with an apple."

-"Christafah" Moltisanti -Soprano's

:devildoll
[url]http://www.myspace.com/puppyuppers[/url]
The Green Manalishi

Post by The Green Manalishi »

And not to mention, and I will,

George Wbaya is such a idiot, he probably wrote graffitti in the Oval Office bathroom.

Tax payers bill: $400000.00 for paint, labor, background checks for the laborers, etc.

AND he just LOOKS like a guy with stinky feets that would walk around the carpet in the Presidental Quarters with his stinkyass socks, which means the CARPET will need replacing after their departure.

Tax payers bill:$ 55000000.00 for carpet, labor, background checks for the laborers, etc.

I hate that dumb fuck.
"Ideas, who knows where they frickin' come from".
"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him in the head with an apple."

-"Christafah" Moltisanti -Soprano's

:devildoll
[url]http://www.myspace.com/puppyuppers[/url]
derek666

Post by derek666 »

I wonder if GW and his boys will be as cool as Clinton's crew were when they were leaving? Remember, stealing all the W's from the keyboards? I bet that him and his crew leave the whitehouse with way more maturity than the Clinton crew!!
DeathFrogg

Post by DeathFrogg »

derek666 wrote:I wonder if GW and his boys will be as cool as Clinton's crew were when they were leaving? Remember, stealing all the W's from the keyboards? I bet that him and his crew leave the whitehouse with way more maturity than the Clinton crew!!
THAT was a flat out lie and you know it. More fascist propaganda to incite the brainless masses.

Shouldn't you be out at some klavern or something?
-

When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. -Sinclair Lewis

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson
LIVE FO RETSINIM

Post by LIVE FO RETSINIM »

DeathFrogg wrote:THAT was a flat out lie and you know it. More fascist propaganda to incite the brainless masses.

I know for a fact that clintin himself took a crap right in the oval office the day he left as a joke. Look it up on line if youdon't believe it.
[b]R.I.P. Chelsie[/b]

[b]JJGC [/b] [SIZE="6"]4[/SIZE] [b]LIFE[/b]

Hard work never killed nobody, but I ain't taking no chances.

[URL=http://www.myspace.com/vulgarizer]
[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm123/jankins13/H-N.jpg[/img][/URL]

[URL=http://www.myspace.com/analjudicator]
[img]http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/72/l_5cca553825c945b796eb9cfb39a0e4dd.jpg[/img][/URL]
Project Undead Vish

DeathFrogg wrote:THAT was a flat out lie and you know it. More fascist propaganda to incite the brainless masses.

DeathFrogg is right. It has been documented and the white house press secretary had to come out and even admit that what was put out there that the Repubs alleged the Clinton administration did wasn't truthful. You know better than that, Derek.
DeathFrogg

Post by DeathFrogg »

I'll tell you why I voted for Barack Obama.

His choice for VP nothwithstanding, in the early stages of his campaign, (even if it is a rather weak method), John McCain relied almost exclusively on his status as a former POW and a Veteran of the Vietnam war. That is okay to do, but I've worked with Nam vets, and the majority of them were really terribly unhappy people. McCain was one of those rich kids that were dropping napalm and white phosphorous on the little villiages in the mountains. Most of the people killed were civilians. The United States killed almost 2.5 million Vietnamese people in that war, something like 80% of that was civilian casualties. He was very proud of this, and totally ignored the incredible civilian loss of life and massive damage the US had done to that country. It was a war we should never have gotten involved in, and nobody from the US Government has ever apologized to the Vietnamese people or to the people that they literally threatened to imprison if they didn't obey the order to go fight. It was a godawful mistake, and nobody has really owned up to it.

The second thing was that even before he made his choice for VP, McCain was attracting the diehard facists. The fanatical bible thumpers, the book burners, the Jingos and Klansmen and white supremecist types. Not to mention the Boards of Directors of the banks that were systematically looting the US Treasury with the full faith and support of the Texas mafia that had taken control of the White House. The looting and theft was so flagrant, so pervasive and so totally illegal that anyone supporting it had to be involved and taking some direct benefit. McCain was up to his eyeballs in this, making him just as corrupt as Charles Keating and Jeffery Skilling and Ken Lay. And even more so in the fact that he took an oath to protect and uphold the US Constitution, and never took that oath seriousy at all. He was in it for the money and power, period.

When McCain chose Palin as his VP candidate, nobody had really heard of her. I had, but I didn't know anything about her really, She was the Governor of Alaska, which is a young State and still developing an economy so the politics there are very fluid. The schools are poor even though Alaska has vast wealth in terms of resources. The entire state has less than a quarter of the population of King County. She had direct ties to the Alaska secesionists and they are a white Supremecist organization. Several times over the years members were caught stockpiling explosives or weapons and actively making plans for violence. I was worried about her being the choice at first, a down to earth female with nice gams and easy smile. That shit tends to attract people with no desire to actually know a personality. The suckers, the marks. They only like what they see on TV. The image is all that counts, not what lies under the surface.

Then she opened her mouth. And I stopped worrying. Uneducated, primitive and shallow in her thoughts, vain, tempestuous and frivilous. She actively courted the white supremecists and the violent redneck vote. She catered to the lowbrow, expressing her contempt for education and knowlege. Openly blaming educated people for why the country was going into the shitter. It never even occurred to her that most people who vote, and care about this country have more than a third grade education. That was totally beyond her ability to comprehend.

Barack Obama has a doctorate in Constitutional Law from fuckin HARVARD. He taught it at the Masters level for a couple years at Harvard. He used this experience to run for office. He was able to organize people in positive ways, by telling them how they could improve their lives rather than scaring them into just voting against the other guy. He, as a community lawyer, took on the Daley machine, met it toe to toe and was able to demonstrate that that old school city government corruption could be defeated by hard work and dedication to the principles of fairness and justice. He stood for the working man, the poor folks just trying to get through life without being stomped on by the criminals in Government. He stood up and told people that they do in fact, have the right to stand up for themselves against the bullies, crooks and general assholes that tend to run the show in Chicago.

During his campaign for the Presidency, he did the same thing on the National level. He believes that Government can be a positive force, that government can do good things for people. He won the election, simply because he is the right man for the job. That only really seems to happen once or maybe twice in a century.

I didn't vote against John McCain, I voted for Barack Obama.
-

When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. -Sinclair Lewis

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I wish we can go back to threads almost a year ago. That's what I was saying here then. You'd think it was "common sense" for everyone, but many were pushing for Clinton, some were for Guiliani... RON PAUL!

Regardless of how people came to vote, we should stop talking about the how and why's and start talking about what is realistic in the future.

The best fixes won't fix the immediate problems. They'll fix a system that is broke and corrupted all around. Once the right policies are in place, the right economic structure will build a strong country again.

The biggest thing I'm stoked about, however, is the immediate reaction around the world. The last time the world was "with us" was the 24 hour period after September 11th, 2001. We raped that opportunity. The last time we had some sort of leader that inspired at this high level was Bobby Kennedy and Dr. King. Back then the world was a buzz with "what is possible for the country's future". Now is the same.

We all know the country is broke. We all know it's going to take a decade or more to fix properly. But now we have the leader in place to bring the right start to a future filled with opportunities (social and economic). I think that's what caused everyone to be so moved emotionally Tuesday night. I was. But then again, I was in a room filled with girls and lots of flowing champaign.
Take a picture, trick. I'm on a boat, bitch.
Blonde leading the blonde

Post by Blonde leading the blonde »

In addition to all the "why Obama is the right/wrong choice for President" arguments, there's the historical look at government's role in the economy. A friend of mine pointed out to me the other day that it seemed with every Republican President in our lifetime, there's either been a stock market crash, a recession, or both. Historians tell us that this isn't coincidence. The market is going well, so it strains against it's regulations. We, the people, demand Government stop holding us back when it's clear we can achieve/earn/accomplish so much more if they'd only let us. They do (Republican principles) and we surge forward. We go too far and everything comes collapsing back in on us. Then, when things are going badly, we, the people, turn to government and say "why haven't you protected us from these unscrupulous practices? Why aren't there some regulations preventing this?! Stop them!" They do (Democrat principles) and things recover. Then they start to go well again and we do it all over again. This is best illustrated in an offhand comment McCain made during one of the debates when Obama was saying who would bear the extra tax burden. He said that some people out there might hope to one day be in the group with that income level.

This endless cycle of surge and retreat has fostered the notion that the Republicans are "pro-business" and the Democrats are not. However, nothing could be farther from the truth. If Republicans get any more pro-business, we're all going to be living in our cars and eating at soup kitchens. To change this pattern, the change will have to come from the same source as the problem - we the people. We have to abandon notions like "too much is never enough" and "whoever dies with the most, wins". There is such a thing as "enough". It makes me laugh everytime I watch Forrest Gump to hear a mentally-challenged voice reminding us that "mama always said they's only so much a man needs and the rest is just for show". Then I switch off the movie and watch the news and I want to cry. The right people and the right mindset can make Hybrids fashionable, how about common sense, intelligence, compassion and the quest for satisfaction through personal growth, rather than hoarding?

*shrugs* Just a thought.
[img]http://23.floweringnightshade.com/shade/images/VernTinkStar.jpg[/img]

[font="Arial Narrow"]It's not who you are, it's what you wear. I mean, who cares who you are?[/font]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/theblondeleadingtheblonde][font="Arial"][SIZE="2"]100,000 Lemmings Can't Be Wrong![/SIZE][/font][/url]
derek666

Post by derek666 »

You know with all your insinuations about me, when will I have the pleasure of meeting you face to face?!?! Just curious since you, for some reason like to talk loads of shit, and think that I am some fucking imbred hillbilly fucking Klansman is complete ground for me to smash your fucking face!! You seriously need to check yourself motherfucker, remember, we have some of the same friends and I am sure one of them could hook us up for a face to face!! Do you seriously have any idea of who I am? I hope to meet you.