Orlando?

Anything that doesn't fit into the subject of other forums goes here. Guns, drugs, religion, politics whatever. No flames!

Moderator: Chris Slack

Luna C

Orlando?

Post by Luna C »

I am heading there next week. Besides Disney and Universal, is there any place worth seeing? Or if you have been to these locations, how were they?
[SIZE="4"][color="pink"]The stars are far away
I can see them with my eyes
I watch then burn away
Like the moments of my life[/color][/SIZE]
BigHurknFrontman

Post by BigHurknFrontman »

Your best bet is to do a search with the Florida Board Of Tourism and see what the big draws are. I've never been there myself, so I'm not much help.
Bryan Hagan - Drummer / Vocalist

[url]http://www.myspace.com/sinhole[/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/bighurkin[/url]

[email]pullmyfingerproductions@hotmail.com[/email]

(425)239-3122
Luna C

Post by Luna C »

So far researching that has given me more info than previous. Thank you.
[SIZE="4"][color="pink"]The stars are far away
I can see them with my eyes
I watch then burn away
Like the moments of my life[/color][/SIZE]
knivesandnecks

Post by knivesandnecks »

For thrash, metal/death metal and mainly hang at the Dungeon:

www. myspace. com/dungeonorlando

Its a dive, but it usually has the best music. The same owners also own a biker bar, the Junkyard, that is right in front of it so there are usually bikers, metalheads, and goths running around between the buildings and outside...they only have a beer license but turn a blind eye to people who bring their own hard stuff and drink it outside in cups. The Haven is another dive bar that usually has metal on Friday nights...its in Winter Park (an Orlando burb).

Some bands that play in Orlando this week are One Night Stan at the Haven on Saturday. Their music is lighter than the other music I normally listen to, but theyre good and they always put on a good show: www. myspace. com/onenightstanmusic The band Afterglow Radio plays at that Orlando Rock showcase at the House of Blues...not sure the rest of the line-up. Not metal,...lighter rock by the sounds of it. Might be of interest

If you want nicer clubs and a variety of music or hip hop, check out the clubs downtown on and around Orange Avenue.Not much for metal down town, but they have nicer clubs. The Wall Street Cantina is a good one to start at just for atmosphere and has decent food...the Crooked Bayou is also a cool atmosphere food place if into New Orleans type food. The Central bar, The Social, and the AKA sometimes have decent music...theyre all within walking distance of each other off Orange. The Lodge is kind of cool...they play classic rock/hair music...no live bands. There is also Howl at the Moon piano bar on International Drive...they do some hilarious stuff on stage there and its always fun.

Hope that helps.