What're ya reading?

Anything that doesn't fit into the subject of other forums goes here. Guns, drugs, religion, politics whatever. No flames!

Moderator: Chris Slack

Jenzy

Post by Jenzy »

He has some very interesting concepts to "dog training" I recommend it if you are a dog lover.

[font="Arial Black"][color="White"]"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

~John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"[/color][/font]
Jenzy

Post by Jenzy »

Double post
[font="Arial Black"][color="White"]"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

~John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"[/color][/font]
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

Later tonight, I'll be starting my third Palahniuk book this week. ~ And on a related note, I've been having these crazy fucked-up night terrors almost every night, and when I woke up screaming and gasping again last night, for the life of me I couldn't figure out what THE HELL the weird light was just a few inches above my head...

This is how I discovered this book glows in the dark! And brightly, at that! :metalhead

~ Now the unusual texture all makes sense!
I made the Devil do it.
Project Undead Vish

Post by Project Undead Vish »

Jenzy wrote:He has some very interesting concepts to "dog training" I recommend it if you are a dog lover.

I've always been good with dogs. Reading this book really helped me understand how my dog works that much more. I'm definitely glad that I read it. My dog went from well behaved to incredibly well behaved. I just got my grandparents beagle a few weeks ago cuz they cant take care of him anymore and he's already showing improvement.
Hate the religion and pity the believer.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/VishDonkeyPunch/thlohanboobies.gif[/img]
mickey brown-eye

Post by mickey brown-eye »

Just finished the Dark Tower series again and now I am on to this little nugget of corporate lameness for work
:headshot: [font=Comic Sans MS][size=167][color=YellowGreen][b]chunks[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/httpwwwmyspacecommickeybrowneye]Mickey Brown-eye Myspace[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/umbilicalparricide]Umbilical Parricide Myspace[/url]
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

Just picked this up. Mmmmm.... Dave... :D

I made the Devil do it.
Dominionshrdr

Post by Dominionshrdr »

I read Mustaine's book last night in one sitting, and loved it! There was a handful of stuff that I took with a grain of salt, considering the source, but overall found it an extremely captivating read - loved all the parts with Chris Poland and Gar Samuelson (the best two 'other' memebers) and found it intriguing how money played a factor in the band relationships.
smoking section: restaurant:: peeing section: swimming pool
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

I finally finished Mustaine's book tonight ~ quick read that it was though ~ I laughed on page 211, they spelled criminal wrong. It was printed as crminal.

I also laughed at this: "I was once quoted as saying, playing the bass is one step up from playing the kazoo."

I'm now back to my Chuck Palahniuk-a-thon by just cracking into my (accidently found, first edition, near mint hardback that's SIGNED!!!) Lullaby :metalhead

I made the Devil do it.
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

Damn all of these tiny 2, 3 and 400 page books that I keep killing in a day or two! I miss the 800 page books...
Next up on my Palahniuk crackout! (Geez, I've almost killed his whole catalogue already! :( )

I love this guy.
I made the Devil do it.
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

I reluctantly started this yesterday to fill the 72 hour void while waiting for my Barnes n' Noble gift card shop-o-rama to arrive in the mail and... I'm pretty sure I'd rather kill myself than finish this book. It's just that good!

The back blurb looked funny and interesting and it came recommended by someone that had just started it. The best part (so far) was the very first paragraph that also happens to be exactly what the back jacket says. Great. That's the literary equivalent of seeing all the best parts of a movie in the trailer. While only being 50 pages into it, he seems to be an author that obviously has a strong belief that adjectives are as mythical a creature as the fairies he never ending refers to.

I wish very much I was still drinking because after counting an average of five uses of the word 'fairy' and 'Scotland' per page! (seriously, per page. I'm only at 50 pages, do the math.) I decided that instead of a just a read, it'd make an awesome drinking game.

What's that? Scotland? DRINK! Fairy? DRINK! I'm telling you, you'd be shitfaced by the third paragraph.

I couldn't even bring myself to open it today and I'm starving for words. Damn you, mail-order Chuck Palahniuk, DAMN YOU!

*shakes fist*
I made the Devil do it.
LIVE FO RETSINIM

Post by LIVE FO RETSINIM »

I just finished Artie Lange's "Too Fat to Fish" last night and looking for somehting to come at least close to as good. That mustaine one doesn't look like it can... hmmmm

There is a Dayglo Abortions book coming out soon, and I am thinking of picking up Robin's book.. Shit.
[b]R.I.P. Chelsie[/b]

[b]JJGC [/b] [SIZE="6"]4[/SIZE] [b]LIFE[/b]

Hard work never killed nobody, but I ain't taking no chances.

[URL=http://www.myspace.com/vulgarizer]
[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm123/jankins13/H-N.jpg[/img][/URL]

[URL=http://www.myspace.com/analjudicator]
[img]http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/72/l_5cca553825c945b796eb9cfb39a0e4dd.jpg[/img][/URL]
Evil Red

Re: What're ya reading?

Post by Evil Red »

Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

I found this randomly a while back and finally picked it up. I don't know anything about it except that the cover, with Peeps and THAT title... well... that's right up my alley! I had to get it. :D

mickey brown-eye

Post by mickey brown-eye »

Just finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy and now I am back to the super awesome ...Purple Cow....
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

Stephen King will be guesting on next week's (9-21) episode of Sons of Anarchy!!! :metalhead
Savage1
Forum Newbie

Post by Savage1 »

I'm trying to further my ejamakashon...I just finally finished the side of my cigarette pack! Only took me a wek cause I had to look up several words in the dickshonary.
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

I'm pushing 200 pages into this one finally and love it. :)

Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

Hurray! This is out today! :metal:

The past few days have been horrible! Bookless for days awaiting this one! The horror...
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

FDNS was a GREAT read! Good n' gritty! My only complaint was that it was under 800 pages...

Read this afterwards:

and I'm onto this one now: