Rockin the Corps

Forum for Seattle Bands, Musicians and Fans. This forum is genre agnostic so all music types are welcome.

Moderators: Chris Slack, AchimbaProphet, Desert Mermaid, Adremelech, Seattle Metal Online

MetalGoddess

Rockin the Corps

Post by MetalGoddess » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:36 pm

Is anyone else watching this on Comcast today? It was pretty kick ass! Better than the Live 8 coverage. It was recorded back in April, but they are just now showing it.

Ted Nugent opened the show playing the Star Spangled Banner on guitar. Wow. Then Godsmack hit the stage. I love Godsmack, they were tight as hell and the singer sounded great!!

Camp Pendelton held a contest for the best shredder on the military base. This sargeant won and got to play a song with Godsmack!!! How fucking cool is that???

Then Godsmack backed Ted Nugent as he played Cat Scratch Fever and Stranglehold. Wow!!!!

Heather Locklear and little Avery Sambora introduced their hubby/daddy. Richie Sambora played a couple of acoustic Bon Jovi songs. I think his voice is just as good as Jon's.

I didn't watch Destiny's Child or Hootie & the Blowfish, but KISS ended the show with a big fucking bang!!!

The whole event was very touching and a great rocking tribute to our armed services. Happy 4th of July everyone!!! :cheers:

skankdrummer

Post by skankdrummer » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:04 pm

I saw some of it and yes it was pretty cool. :)
[url]http://www.myspace.com/skankdrummersdemos[/url]
DRUMS - Motley Ju.

Availible for Studio Work.

Holly

Post by Holly » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:00 pm

Cool!!!!!!
Too bad I missed it:-(
Been busy as hell with one of the sons making the Marysville all-star baseball team!!!!!! me=proud parent
[url]badbatch.com[/url]

Oof

Post by Oof » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:27 pm

I saw parts on it on INHD2....wasnt bad.

steven_millan

Post by steven_millan » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:37 pm

Kiss surprisingly did put on a really great show in that very event(proving that they can rock pretty good as they did way back in the 70s,when they can put themselves to that very occassion).