Iron Maiden Pelted with Eggs at Ozzfest

Forum for Seattle Bands, Musicians and Fans. This forum is genre agnostic so all music types are welcome.

Moderators: Chris Slack, Adremelech, Seattle Metal Online, AchimbaProphet, Desert Mermaid

MetalGoddess

Iron Maiden Pelted with Eggs at Ozzfest

Post by MetalGoddess »

Holy shit! Did you guys read this off Blabbermouth?

Kelly and Sharon Osbourne need to grow the fuck up. You don't throw eggs at a band while they're performing because you think the singer is a "prick." Fuck those bitches. I hope Iron Maiden sues them over this.

There are more articles on Blabbermouth, but this gives you an idea of what happened. Read this:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received a number of e-mails regarding last night's (August 20) Ozzfest concert in Devore (near San Bernardino), California, which reportedly included an on-stage appearance following IRON MAIDEN's set by Sharon Osbourne during which she called MAIDEN vocalist Bruce Dickinson a "prick." The following report was submitted by David Priest, editor-in-chief of On Track Magazine:

"Last night's [August 20] headlining performance of IRON MAIDEN at Ozzfest in San Bernardino, CA rendered some interesting, if not disturbing, results. Although MAIDEN played one hell of a show, they were under attack from the moment they began their set. From the time they hit the stage, they suffered power loss on at least three occasions and they were continuously pelted with ice, bottle caps, and eggs, among other things. Vocalist Bruce Dickinson was even spit on by one attendee. He seemed to believe these occurrences were not by accident and insinuated that they had been planned from the beginning of the night. He also encouraged the other audience members to break the arm of anyone that they saw throwing things their way. Upon concluding their performance, the emcee for the evening began to chant Ozzy, Ozzy while Bruce was still speaking. Bruce retaliated by chanting MAIDEN. After he left the stage, Sharon Osbourne took over the mic and informed the crowd that they absolutely loved IRON MAIDEN and their crew and stated that they were all wonderful but that their singer Bruce Dickinson was a prick and had disrespected Ozzfest since they began their stint with the touring summer festival. This, of course, came as a shock to those of us in attendance and the there was ample confusion and speculation from audience members there after. As previously announced, last night's show marked the final performance of IRON MAIDEN on this year's Ozzfest. VELVET REVOLVER will be taking over their slot on the last remaining dates."
BILE

Post by BILE »

What the fuck! :swear: That is fucking uncool man,Iron Maiden deosn't deserve that kind of shit.Your'e right,they should sue sharon osbourne for that.What a BITCH!!!
Morbid

Post by Morbid »

Goddamn, Sharon needs to be smacked or something.
[color="Red"]Twitter... because texting whilst driving [i]isn't[/i] dangerous enough...[/color]
"Almost ran over a bicyclist because he didn't stop at the stop sign, idiot."
"Oops, ran over a bicyclist while writing that last twit."

Me on Myspace - [url]http://www.myspace.com/johndevosofficial[/url]
Me on YouTube - [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/johnthedrummer88[/url]
Seattle Death Metal

Post by Seattle Death Metal »

It's pretty immature of Sharon, yes. But there are always two sides to every story. This one is from the Ozzfest site.

"August 21, 2005
LAST SHOW FOR MAIDEN

Iron Maiden were chosen for the Ozzfest tour because the Ozzfest committee felt they were a good band, plus the fact that they had not done shows in the U.S. for some time. From day one, Bruce Dickinson started berating Ozzy and belittling the Ozzfest audience. He stated he"didn’t need a reality show to give him credibility"; "we're not just some f*cking reunion band"; and continuously complained about the sound system, saying that when he comes back to America he’ll have a better one. I understand he hasn’t toured in the U.S.in these size venues in a while and no longer understands the political structure of things. Out of 200-plus bands over the last 10 years, he has been the only person who hasn’t had the Ozzfest spirit. He thought he was at a battle of the bands, always making other comments about the other artists.

Might I say, the rest of the band are gentlemen and have a great professional attitude. The crew are absolutely great. But how sad it was, after 10 years, that this little man tried to ruin it for everyone. The bands of Ozzfest don’t even look at Ozzfest as touring, but as its heavy metal summer camp. Bruce is in fact a jealous prick and very envious. None of his tirades were directed at Sabbath, only Ozzy. Steve Harris [Iron Maiden's bassist] personally came to Ozzy in San Bernardino and apologized for Bruce’s behavior this summer, stating that he and the rest of the band were "embarrassed" by their own singer.
It also offended me every night how he took out the English flag in America. There are American boys going to war alongside the English boys every day. How dare he forget the American troops on their home turf. He has had no respect for the American audience he has been playing for, stating in an interview, "When you do the 'hits' tour here [in the U.S.], the audience is smug, and there's a sense of self-satisfaction, like, 'We got what we wanted…I'm looking at an audience that is self-satisfied and happy and fat, and getting what it wants and isn't prepared to get off its ass.."

Before there was Samson there was SABBATH!

Ozzfest 2005 continues on with our summer of fun with the addition of Velvet Revolver. This is where the fun begins….."
xryanvkm

Post by xryanvkm »

Sharon is a witch!!! I am getting tired of her!!!! Ozzy is not on Ozzfest after this year is done so Sharon the witch is gone......
MetalGoddess

Post by MetalGoddess »

chicknatas design wrote:It's pretty immature of Sharon, yes. But there are always two sides to every story. This one is from the Ozzfest site.
I read that one too. I just don't think it was fair to pelt the whole band during a performance with eggs just because Bruce Dickinson was a dick.

If they had to do it, they should have nailed Dickinson, and Dickinson alone with eggs as he was exiting the stage after the show.
shannon

Post by shannon »

Regardless of whatever beef Sharon had with Bruce, she shouldn't have fucked with their show. Afterall, there were 40000+ people there who paid upwards of $150 a ticket to see the show....many of whom who only came to Ozzfest to see Maiden. I feel the audience got jipped big time. Fuck Sharon.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/osdo]O.S.D.O.[/url] : [url=http://www.myspace.com/jaroffliesband]JAR OF FLIES[/url] :
[url=http://www.myspace.com/superunknowntribute]SUPERUNKNOWN[/url] :
[url=http://www.myspace.com/guitartheory]ME![/url]
MetalGoddess

Post by MetalGoddess »

shannon wrote:Regardless of whatever beef Sharon had with Bruce, she shouldn't have fucked with their show. Afterall, there were 40000+ people there who paid upwards of $150 a ticket to see the show....many of whom who only came to Ozzfest to see Maiden. I feel the audience got jipped big time. Fuck Sharon.
Exactly!!! The audience should sue Ozzfest for their ticket money back!!!
King TXL AKA The Juice

Post by King TXL AKA The Juice »

I was going to go see Killswitch Engage at ozzfest. Then i remembered I had no money and preffered rap.
[align=center][img]http://i1.tinypic.com/81taq1c.gif[/img][/align]
AchimbaProphet

Post by AchimbaProphet »

Lame. Sharon = evil bitch.
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill
BILE

Post by BILE »

Ozzfest just isn't as good as it used to be.now it's gone all the way down to throwing a bunch of shit at the performers? I mean,goddamn what the FUCK!!!
Clark Chaos

Post by Clark Chaos »

I've always wanted to throw eggs at people who paid to go too Ozzfest. :D
Hey, I am a dick?...
So sue me!

Kimberly 2006-If only your mother had swallowed...best flame of Feb.!

[url]http://www.thebraindead.com/[/url]
Seattle Death Metal

Post by Seattle Death Metal »

MetalGoddess wrote:I read that one too. I just don't think it was fair to pelt the whole band during a performance with eggs just because Bruce Dickinson was a dick.

If they had to do it, they should have nailed Dickinson, and Dickinson alone with eggs as he was exiting the stage after the show.
Like I said, the act was very immature of Sharon. I used to watch that Ozzy show on MTV though, and for some reason im not surprised. Seems like something they would do.

Im not agreeing with the actions of either side. Just thought Id throw that info into the mix since it's always good to get both sides of the story. That doesn't happen very often in news.

I used to love Maiden when I was in high school. Dont care for it anymore, but I give them props where due. Sharon is just plain annoying.
MetalGoddess

Post by MetalGoddess »

chicknatas design wrote:Like I said, the act was very immature of Sharon. I used to watch that Ozzy show on MTV though, and for some reason im not surprised. Seems like something they would do.
Ha! I watched it for a while too. Remember when they threw a ham over the fence because they were pissed at their neighbors? :D