Bob River's "Write bleeping song contest" UNFAIR TO LOCAL MUSICIANS!

Forum for Seattle Bands, Musicians and Fans. This forum is genre agnostic so all music types are welcome.

Moderators: Chris Slack, AchimbaProphet, Desert Mermaid, Adremelech, Seattle Metal Online

Post Reply
User avatar
guitarman
Forum Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:41 am

Bob River's "Write bleeping song contest" UNFAIR TO LOCAL MUSICIANS!

Post by guitarman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:48 am

The Bob Rivers Morning Show on radio station KZOK FM Seattle & 107.5 Portland ran a songwtriting contest, which was conducted unprofessionally, demonstrating a lack of respect for local musicians. I WAS offended, so much so that I authored a website to protest this event. I am especially interested in communicating with musicians who submitted material, and were ignored. For more information visit the website at;
http://www.outpatient.ws


User avatar
IRONDICK
Posts: 1383
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:50 pm
Location: LACEY
Contact:

Post by IRONDICK » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:53 am

Wahhhh quit being a whiny bitch, if you focused as much time on your music as you did your website maybe you would have a chance.
[img]http://skafunkrastapunk.com/forum/images/avatars/18608562443ffba44ac18.gif[/img]

User avatar
Jef
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:44 pm
Location: hellympia
Contact:

Post by Jef » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:56 am

boo hoo.

I nominate this as the biggest snivel of 2006.


yes,you beat Ryan.........happy now?
[quote="Adremelech"]You should do movies instead, Ryan. You could call yourself Alfred Shitcock.[/quote]
[quote="Evil Red"]
[size=167]THE FUCKING FURY !!!!!!!!! [/size][/quote]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/kingjr777[/url]
[url]http://www.jefbear.com[/url]
[url=http://www.cdbaby.com/jefbear]My CD[/url]

User avatar
MetalGoddess
Posts: 6778
Joined: Thu May 23, 2002 12:00 pm
Location: Everott, WA, USA
Contact:

Post by MetalGoddess » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:59 am

Why do you think it was unfair, guitarman?

Another local musician who frequents this forum had his music considered for the contest, so I think your blanket statement that the contest was "unfair to local musicians" is way off base here.

Sounds like you're just pissed because your music wasn't chosen. :whine:

We should all have a listen to see if we think it would be worthy of the contest!

_________________________________

A description of guitarman's band off the web site:

OUTPATIENT
Original Progressive Psychedelic Rock

An original rock band based out of the Kitsap county area of Washington State. The music tends to be heavy, psychedelic, and somewhat bluesy. Considerable instrumental work is highlighted in our compositions, resulting in a progressive, experimental, and free flowing feel. Sometimes dark & other times ironic or sarcastic, but always driven.
____________________________________

So those of you who can listen to web music during the day, let me know if the description of the music is accurate as listed above.

Exciting, radio friendly rock & roll? Lemme know, and I'll give you my opinion when I can get home to listen.
[color="Magenta"][font="Century Gothic"][b][i][SIZE="2"][url]http://www.myspace.com/metalgoddesscarrie[/url][/SIZE][/i][/b][/font][/color]

User avatar
hodgy
Posts: 4010
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: Skinnwood, baby
Contact:

Post by hodgy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:06 am

I wrote this kid a long-ass rambling e-mail. Let's see how he takes it.
[url=http://www.buttafuko.com/]Hey, Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/buttafuko]More Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/hodgy666]Who, me?[/url]

[url=http://www.thebraindead.com]Lick it, Slam it, Suck it.[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/clawmusic]CLAW[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/devilsfood1/]Devil's Food!![/url]


User avatar
DrownJay
Posts: 1137
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2002 10:00 pm
Location: Planet 13

Post by DrownJay » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:10 pm

Bob Rivers does parodies of other peoples songs! Your damn right he picked the songs that were entertaining!

Do me a favor.......don't go on tour, don't play local clubs and don't seek a record deal, because at any given time all those things will be UNFAIR.

If you can't handle this, then I can't imagine the tantrum you'd throw when the real shit hits the fan.

User avatar
gsfnw
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:51 pm

Post by gsfnw » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:33 pm

MetalGoddess wrote:Why do you think it was unfair, guitarman?

Another local musician who frequents this forum had his music considered for the contest, so I think your blanket statement that the contest was "unfair to local musicians" is way off base here.

Sounds like you're just pissed because your music wasn't chosen. :whine:

We should all have a listen to see if we think it would be worthy of the contest!

_________________________________

A description of guitarman's band off the web site:

OUTPATIENT
Original Progressive Psychedelic Rock

An original rock band based out of the Kitsap county area of Washington State. The music tends to be heavy, psychedelic, and somewhat bluesy. Considerable instrumental work is highlighted in our compositions, resulting in a progressive, experimental, and free flowing feel. Sometimes dark & other times ironic or sarcastic, but always driven.
____________________________________

So those of you who can listen to web music during the day, let me know if the description of the music is accurate as listed above.

Exciting, radio friendly rock & roll? Lemme know, and I'll give you my opinion when I can get home to listen.


I submitted some material the first year that they did the contest. They played a short clip of one of my songs on the air. I was thrilled with that in and of itself. Granted, that faggot Spike refered to my voice as "Eddie Vedderish" or eluded to me being some Eddie Vedder Layne Staley rip off, but it was a cool deal nonetheless. My Mom heard it and called me, so did a bunch of friends. It was awesome. I don't think they're unfair at all in terms of the contest, but Spike O'Neil is a fucking degenerate, piece of shit.

For the record, I sound nothing like Eddie fucking Vedder, god dammit. And fuck Spike O'Neil, and his band of complete faggotry. Fucking Bon Scott rip off. Ass clown.

Revenge will be mine, oh yes. Every year, Spike plays Santa for a day at Jorstad Jewelers in Burien. When I have a kid, I'm going to load him up on water and soda, bring him there and have him piss all over Spike.

User avatar
hodgy
Posts: 4010
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: Skinnwood, baby
Contact:

Post by hodgy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:10 pm

gsfnw wrote:Revenge will be mine, oh yes. Every year, Spike plays Santa for a day at Jorstad Jewelers in Burien. When I have a kid, I'm going to load him up on water and soda, bring him there and have him piss all over Spike.


You've been talking alot about reproducing yourself lately, dude. Is your biological clock ticking?
[url=http://www.buttafuko.com/]Hey, Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/buttafuko]More Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/hodgy666]Who, me?[/url]

[url=http://www.thebraindead.com]Lick it, Slam it, Suck it.[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/clawmusic]CLAW[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/devilsfood1/]Devil's Food!![/url]

User avatar
gsfnw
Posts: 1147
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:51 pm

Post by gsfnw » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:31 pm

hodgy wrote:You've been talking alot about reproducing yourself lately, dude. Is your biological clock ticking?


It must be. Ehhh, part of me is looking forward to it. The other is still clinging to a bong, a microphone, and a 5th of vodka.

User avatar
Bloodiah
Posts: 5377
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:29 pm
Location: Nowhere.

Post by Bloodiah » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:27 pm

Here's my response to the little pussy.

Waaah man. It's their contest, their show, their section of reality. They are a COMEDY based morning show, and honestly, haven't been all that funny for 10+ years. Play your music, get your OWN fans, and get on the radio YOUR way. There are plenty of other outlets to get your music airplay, find them, use them, and stop wasting bandwidth with your infantile complaints.:cool:
The only "investment" with a guaranteed high rate of return is EDUCATION. Go rent a cheap shack and get your asses back to college or trade school. Don't come out until you're not stupid anymore~ Pat the Wise!

User avatar
hodgy
Posts: 4010
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: Skinnwood, baby
Contact:

Post by hodgy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:34 pm

I forgot to tell him in my email that the Forums of Filth was the Wroooong place to come for sympathy.
[url=http://www.buttafuko.com/]Hey, Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/buttafuko]More Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/hodgy666]Who, me?[/url]

[url=http://www.thebraindead.com]Lick it, Slam it, Suck it.[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/clawmusic]CLAW[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/devilsfood1/]Devil's Food!![/url]

User avatar
guitarman
Forum Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:41 am

Post by guitarman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:21 pm

hodgy wrote:I forgot to tell him in my email that the Forums of Filth was the Wroooong place to come for sympathy.


I wasn' t looking for sympathy, I was giving an opinion of what I saw was an unfair contest in "Radioland". It was MY OPINION, it is what I BELIEVE, and stand by it. You could have either agreed or disagreed, you could have given your opinion or ignored the post, but instead you you decided to be a COMPLETE MORON!
YOU choose to be an ass, I am only pointing it out!

User avatar
Bloodiah
Posts: 5377
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2002 1:29 pm
Location: Nowhere.

Post by Bloodiah » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:40 pm

Unless Hodge was an ass in his email, I think I was the ass, he was just being informative. Bottom line, ALL contests are unfair to the losers.
The only "investment" with a guaranteed high rate of return is EDUCATION. Go rent a cheap shack and get your asses back to college or trade school. Don't come out until you're not stupid anymore~ Pat the Wise!

User avatar
skipp666
Posts: 7766
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 6:28 am
Location: In my pants
Contact:

Post by skipp666 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:42 pm

HMMM? Ryan?

guitarman wrote:I wasn' t looking for sympathy, I was giving an opinion of what I saw was an unfair contest in "Radioland". It was MY OPINION, it is what I BELIEVE, and stand by it. You could have either agreed or disagreed, you could have given your opinion or ignored the post, but instead you you decided to be a COMPLETE MORON!
YOU choose to be an ass, I am only pointing it out!
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/th842b005b.gif[/img][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/ticket.jpg[/img][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/28025.gif[/img]


Originally Posted by Shitcock Jr
Skipp and the Spice 5[the first pressing of "Douche, the cleaner of the beast" gets my fist in the air everytime!!!].

WWMKD?

[SIZE="1"]"Fatwa has been declared on my ass by the Joanothin. AKA Hippie Gnome."
- Skipp666 (Oct. 5th, 2007)[/SIZE]

RIP Mr. Reed :whine:

User avatar
hodgy
Posts: 4010
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: Skinnwood, baby
Contact:

Post by hodgy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:45 pm

guitarman wrote:I wasn' t looking for sympathy, I was giving an opinion of what I saw was an unfair contest in "Radioland". It was MY OPINION, it is what I BELIEVE, and stand by it. You could have either agreed or disagreed, you could have given your opinion or ignored the post, but instead you you decided to be a COMPLETE MORON!
YOU choose to be an ass, I am only pointing it out!


I'm afraid that one does not 'choose' to be a moron, you fucking retard. You either ARE a moron, or you ARE NOT a moron.
But, for just in case anyone on here has an even passing interest in your 'cause', or just in case anyone wants to see how intelligent you really are...
Here's the email I sent to Chuck this morning:

> Dear Chuck,
> What are you, like, 12 years old? You take yourself
> far too seriously. You take your band far too
> seriously. You take your music far too seriously.
>
> “we ARE saying that we were never given the chance to
> be evaluated in the 1st place.”
>
> I personally have never listened to Bob Rivers. I
> don’t listen to terrestrial radio at all, anymore.
> I’ve got Sirius satellite radio, which is a million
> times better anyway.
> Trust me, somebody sat there and evaluated all 1000
> of those songs. You think the ones picked to be
> played were just randomly grabbed out of a box? No
> way. If a song doesn’t ‘pop’ in the first 30 seconds
> or so, that fucker’s going in the garbage. I know
> for a fact that Top Shelf over at the BJ Shay show
> listens to EVERYTHING that comes in when they do their
> American Stink-hole deal. I don’t see Bob’s show
> being much different.
>
> “"SOME" contest entries were played seemingly based on
> "ENTERTAINMENT" value rather than ability or
> originality, giving the cast fodder to ridicule, for I
> would assume was an attempt at some kind of humor. I
> for one did not think this was funny.”
>
> What the fuck does this statement mean? Who the fuck
> would want to listen to a 3-plus hour TALK-radio show
> to rate a bunch of bands? Bob Rivers is out to get
> ratings, not kow-tow to local musicians. To keep his
> ratings up, he needs to keep his audience ENTERTAINED.
> Making fun of crap bands is pretty entertaining.
> Probably not for 3-plus hours a day, though. If all
> he’s doing is playing music, most of which sucks ass,
> people will quickly tune out. Maybe not YOU ‘Mr.
> Public’, but most people. That’s right. It’s not WE,
> it is only YOU. And a few other like-minded
> individuals. Not enough to justify turning off the
> rest of Bob’s audience.
> One of the biggest problems with the Seattle area, is
> that there are a million bands out there. 999,982 of
> them suck. I counted.
>
> My band Beef Kurtain WAS played on the air, and given
> quite a bit of commentary. The song was called ‘Third
> Date Etiquette’. I’ve yet to hear what was said,
> because I don’t listen to the radio, but I’ve heard
> from the rest of my band that it was mostly positive.
> Does it make me give a shit about Bob Rivers? Hell
> no. I’m too old to take such things as songwriting
> ‘Contests’ and ‘Battles of the Bands’ with any
> seriousness. Does it make Beef Kurtain ‘Better’ than
> the other bands that were NOT played on the air?
> Probably, even though I know as a member of the band
> that we pretty much suck. But the law of averages
> says that we HAVE to be better than most of the
> ‘drivel’ that is out there. However, our songs are
> catchy as fuck, and funnier than Gramma falling out of
> her wheelchair on to a floor covered with marbles.
> That makes me laugh, anyway. And in the end, that is
> all that matters. In short, our songs ‘Pop.’ But we
> are far more concerned with thinking up different
> synonyms for ‘Butt-pipe’.
> And I can’t believe that you totally overlooked us on
> your website. Now I’M offended. Maybe our ‘genre’
> isn’t your cup of tea.
>
> I haven’t had the chance to hear ‘Outpatient’, so I
> will not judge why you weren’t played on the air. If
> I still remember this when I get home, maybe I’ll
> check out your website and see all of your
> accomplishments. Maybe I’ll love it. Stranger
> things have happened.
>
> If you want anyone to take you seriously, learn to
> spell (or at least learn to use a spell checker).
> Correct grammar can also be helpful when putting
> together an argument. These two small adjustments can
> save much embarrassment. Another thing- and I’m sure
> you’ve heard this before- Opinions are like assholes.
> Everybody has one, they all stink. Unless you’re
> Jessica Alba, then it smells like flowers.
> Now, you’re probably asking yourself ‘who the fuck is
> this jackass, and why is he writing this long lame-ass
> email?’
> Who this Jackass is: My name is Hodgy, I’ve been
> making music for 18 years, in Seattle for 8. I’m a
> (shitty)singer, guitarist, bassist, keyboardist,
> songwriter, and self proclaimed comedic genius. I
> currently play in: Beef Kurtain, Buttafüko, The
> Braindead, CLAW, and Devil’s Food (most of these bands
> have websites, or at least myspace pages, as if you
> cared). I have a lot to say, but usually don’t. This
> must be your lucky day.
> Why this jackass is writing: You’ve got a lot to
> learn. Plus I’m getting paid $18.50 an hour and I
> don’t have anything better to do to kill time.
>
> If your website is actually just a big sarcastic joke,
> than please forget everything I said, except for the
> part about 999,982 shitty bands in Seattle part.
> Cheers,
> Hodgy

And the response:

I detect a lot of anger in your letter, but after reading it, I can' t
understand why you want to direct it at me. You believe they listened
to all the entries, I don' t . You believe giving more airplay to the
contestants would be boring, I don' t. You believe that picking on my
occasional errors in grammer is susposed to make me feel ashamed, sorry
man, I DON' T! I may have made some errors in grammer(ok, I' ll admit it!
there feel better now?)guess I'll never be an English teacher, I
already over that.So why does it anger you, just because you don' t agree
with me? You are obviously are not a Bob Riversd fan, so the only reason I
can come up with is; "it must anger you when someone who has an opinion
that is differnt than yours, and expresses it with an occasional error
in grammer"
[url=http://www.buttafuko.com/]Hey, Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/buttafuko]More Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/hodgy666]Who, me?[/url]

[url=http://www.thebraindead.com]Lick it, Slam it, Suck it.[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/clawmusic]CLAW[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/devilsfood1/]Devil's Food!![/url]

User avatar
guitarman
Forum Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:41 am

Post by guitarman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:49 pm

you are missing the point. Why do I think it was unfair? 1. Choosing contestants for reasons other than music or who are employed in their "station cover band" 2. playing multable tracks from the same band while totally ignoring other bands 3. Devoting 10 minutes a day to the contest and even then having to listen to a 5 minute rant by Spike about Bruce Springsteen etc etc etc.

whether you like my bands music or not isnt even relevent to this subject, so taking a quote from MY site of a discription of MY BAND was POINTLESS!

The description of MY BAND is MY OPINION too, AND IM STICKING TO THAT AS WELL

I don' t know why you choose to paste it, it was there for ANYONE TO READ!

But if you are REALLY that interested in what we sound like I will send you an MP3, just let me know.

MetalGoddess wrote:Why do you think it was unfair, guitarman?

Another local musician who frequents this forum had his music considered for the contest, so I think your blanket statement that the contest was "unfair to local musicians" is way off base here.

Sounds like you're just pissed because your music wasn't chosen. :whine:

We should all have a listen to see if we think it would be worthy of the contest!

_________________________________

A description of guitarman's band off the web site:

OUTPATIENT
Original Progressive Psychedelic Rock

An original rock band based out of the Kitsap county area of Washington State. The music tends to be heavy, psychedelic, and somewhat bluesy. Considerable instrumental work is highlighted in our compositions, resulting in a progressive, experimental, and free flowing feel. Sometimes dark & other times ironic or sarcastic, but always driven.
____________________________________

So those of you who can listen to web music during the day, let me know if the description of the music is accurate as listed above.

Exciting, radio friendly rock & roll? Lemme know, and I'll give you my opinion when I can get home to listen.

User avatar
guitarman
Forum Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:41 am

Post by guitarman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:54 pm

I am debating you, and you are calling me names,
'AND YOUR POINT IS?
hodgy wrote:I'm afraid that one does not 'choose' to be a moron, you fucking retard. You either ARE a moron, or you ARE NOT a moron.
But, for just in case anyone on here has an even passing interest in your 'cause', or just in case anyone wants to see how intelligent you really are...
Here's the email I sent to Chuck this morning:

> Dear Chuck,
> What are you, like, 12 years old? You take yourself
> far too seriously. You take your band far too
> seriously. You take your music far too seriously.
>
> “we ARE saying that we were never given the chance to
> be evaluated in the 1st place.”
>
> I personally have never listened to Bob Rivers. I
> don’t listen to terrestrial radio at all, anymore.
> I’ve got Sirius satellite radio, which is a million
> times better anyway.
> Trust me, somebody sat there and evaluated all 1000
> of those songs. You think the ones picked to be
> played were just randomly grabbed out of a box? No
> way. If a song doesn’t ‘pop’ in the first 30 seconds
> or so, that fucker’s going in the garbage. I know
> for a fact that Top Shelf over at the BJ Shay show
> listens to EVERYTHING that comes in when they do their
> American Stink-hole deal. I don’t see Bob’s show
> being much different.
>
> “"SOME" contest entries were played seemingly based on
> "ENTERTAINMENT" value rather than ability or
> originality, giving the cast fodder to ridicule, for I
> would assume was an attempt at some kind of humor. I
> for one did not think this was funny.”
>
> What the fuck does this statement mean? Who the fuck
> would want to listen to a 3-plus hour TALK-radio show
> to rate a bunch of bands? Bob Rivers is out to get
> ratings, not kow-tow to local musicians. To keep his
> ratings up, he needs to keep his audience ENTERTAINED.
> Making fun of crap bands is pretty entertaining.
> Probably not for 3-plus hours a day, though. If all
> he’s doing is playing music, most of which sucks ass,
> people will quickly tune out. Maybe not YOU ‘Mr.
> Public’, but most people. That’s right. It’s not WE,
> it is only YOU. And a few other like-minded
> individuals. Not enough to justify turning off the
> rest of Bob’s audience.
> One of the biggest problems with the Seattle area, is
> that there are a million bands out there. 999,982 of
> them suck. I counted.
>
> My band Beef Kurtain WAS played on the air, and given
> quite a bit of commentary. The song was called ‘Third
> Date Etiquette’. I’ve yet to hear what was said,
> because I don’t listen to the radio, but I’ve heard
> from the rest of my band that it was mostly positive.
> Does it make me give a shit about Bob Rivers? Hell
> no. I’m too old to take such things as songwriting
> ‘Contests’ and ‘Battles of the Bands’ with any
> seriousness. Does it make Beef Kurtain ‘Better’ than
> the other bands that were NOT played on the air?
> Probably, even though I know as a member of the band
> that we pretty much suck. But the law of averages
> says that we HAVE to be better than most of the
> ‘drivel’ that is out there. However, our songs are
> catchy as fuck, and funnier than Gramma falling out of
> her wheelchair on to a floor covered with marbles.
> That makes me laugh, anyway. And in the end, that is
> all that matters. In short, our songs ‘Pop.’ But we
> are far more concerned with thinking up different
> synonyms for ‘Butt-pipe’.
> And I can’t believe that you totally overlooked us on
> your website. Now I’M offended. Maybe our ‘genre’
> isn’t your cup of tea.
>
> I haven’t had the chance to hear ‘Outpatient’, so I
> will not judge why you weren’t played on the air. If
> I still remember this when I get home, maybe I’ll
> check out your website and see all of your
> accomplishments. Maybe I’ll love it. Stranger
> things have happened.
>
> If you want anyone to take you seriously, learn to
> spell (or at least learn to use a spell checker).
> Correct grammar can also be helpful when putting
> together an argument. These two small adjustments can
> save much embarrassment. Another thing- and I’m sure
> you’ve heard this before- Opinions are like assholes.
> Everybody has one, they all stink. Unless you’re
> Jessica Alba, then it smells like flowers.
> Now, you’re probably asking yourself ‘who the fuck is
> this jackass, and why is he writing this long lame-ass
> email?’
> Who this Jackass is: My name is Hodgy, I’ve been
> making music for 18 years, in Seattle for 8. I’m a
> (shitty)singer, guitarist, bassist, keyboardist,
> songwriter, and self proclaimed comedic genius. I
> currently play in: Beef Kurtain, Buttafüko, The
> Braindead, CLAW, and Devil’s Food (most of these bands
> have websites, or at least myspace pages, as if you
> cared). I have a lot to say, but usually don’t. This
> must be your lucky day.
> Why this jackass is writing: You’ve got a lot to
> learn. Plus I’m getting paid $18.50 an hour and I
> don’t have anything better to do to kill time.
>
> If your website is actually just a big sarcastic joke,
> than please forget everything I said, except for the
> part about 999,982 shitty bands in Seattle part.
> Cheers,
> Hodgy

And the response:

I detect a lot of anger in your letter, but after reading it, I can' t
understand why you want to direct it at me. You believe they listened
to all the entries, I don' t . You believe giving more airplay to the
contestants would be boring, I don' t. You believe that picking on my
occasional errors in grammer is susposed to make me feel ashamed, sorry
man, I DON' T! I may have made some errors in grammer(ok, I' ll admit it!
there feel better now?)guess I'll never be an English teacher, I
already over that.So why does it anger you, just because you don' t agree
with me? You are obviously are not a Bob Riversd fan, so the only reason I
can come up with is; "it must anger you when someone who has an opinion
that is differnt than yours, and expresses it with an occasional error
in grammer"

User avatar
guitarman
Forum Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:41 am

Post by guitarman » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:00 pm

I agree with you about "Spike", if he thought you sounded like Bruce Springsteen he would have had nothing but praise for your singing, if it's outside the realm of classic rock he can ' t come to terms with it.


gsfnw wrote:I submitted some material the first year that they did the contest. They played a short clip of one of my songs on the air. I was thrilled with that in and of itself. Granted, that faggot Spike refered to my voice as "Eddie Vedderish" or eluded to me being some Eddie Vedder Layne Staley rip off, but it was a cool deal nonetheless. My Mom heard it and called me, so did a bunch of friends. It was awesome. I don't think they're unfair at all in terms of the contest, but Spike O'Neil is a fucking degenerate, piece of shit.

For the record, I sound nothing like Eddie fucking Vedder, god dammit. And fuck Spike O'Neil, and his band of complete faggotry. Fucking Bon Scott rip off. Ass clown.

Revenge will be mine, oh yes. Every year, Spike plays Santa for a day at Jorstad Jewelers in Burien. When I have a kid, I'm going to load him up on water and soda, bring him there and have him piss all over Spike.

User avatar
hodgy
Posts: 4010
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: Skinnwood, baby
Contact:

Post by hodgy » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:58 am

guitarman wrote:I am debating you, and you are calling me names,
'AND YOUR POINT IS?


Okay, you win. I concede this argument. After seeing your picture on your website and realizing that you are not a 12-year old, but a 50-something year old guy, I feel truly embarrassed that I engaged in such a futile discussion. Your wordsmithery has shamed me.
[url=http://www.buttafuko.com/]Hey, Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/buttafuko]More Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/hodgy666]Who, me?[/url]

[url=http://www.thebraindead.com]Lick it, Slam it, Suck it.[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/clawmusic]CLAW[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/devilsfood1/]Devil's Food!![/url]

User avatar
Angelica
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: Seattle

Post by Angelica » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:29 pm

hodgy wrote: Your wordsmithery has shamed me.


Hahahah. Nice





Um, isn't "moron" name calling?

Just checkin'.
[color="Indigo"][b]NEFARIOUS PRODUCTIONS[/b][/color]

[size=75][color="DarkSlateBlue"]"The lions are out of their cages, and you may well find that they'll eat the mouthy Christians first." - S.K.[/color][/size]

[font="Century Gothic"][b][color="Purple"]Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire[/color][/b][/font]

User avatar
hodgy
Posts: 4010
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: Skinnwood, baby
Contact:

Post by hodgy » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:40 pm

Angelica wrote:Hahahah. Nice





Um, isn't "moron" name calling?

Just checkin'.


Yeah, but I called him a 'fucking retard'. Ooops. My bad.
[url=http://www.buttafuko.com/]Hey, Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/buttafuko]More Buttafuko!![/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/hodgy666]Who, me?[/url]

[url=http://www.thebraindead.com]Lick it, Slam it, Suck it.[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/clawmusic]CLAW[/url]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/devilsfood1/]Devil's Food!![/url]

User avatar
Project Undead Vish
Posts: 3973
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Kent, WA
Contact:

Post by Project Undead Vish » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:36 pm

dude, its their show. no reason to protest it... its not like its a guitarcenter thing or something. its a goofy thing on their goofy show. its their rules, so its not unfair, because they get to make up the rules. you'll just have to deal with it and find something else to occupy your time.
Hate the religion and pity the believer.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/VishDonkeyPunch/thlohanboobies.gif[/img]


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest