Jeepers Creepers

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Scott

Jeepers Creepers

Post by Scott »

This one has peaked my interest. The early buzz on it's been good. Clive Barker has praised it. I'll definitely be checking it out this weekend.
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

I saw this one at Fantasia this year. Sorry to burst your bubble,but in my humble opinion,it's not very good. In fact a lot of people there, thought it sucked.

It's about a brother and sister pursued by a Demon Gargoyle,after they see it dump a body down a shaft. A couple nice creepy moments in an abandoned church. But nothing much, we haven't seen before. And an abrupt ending that makes you say "That's it?" It's well shot and edited, however,I'll give it that. As for Clive Barker's praise,guess anyone can buy him off these days.

------------------
Wherever you go,there you are.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Okay--first of all, we're talking about the MOVIE here. Anyone wants to start in on the moral debate regarding who made it, whether he should be allowed to make movies (or live), etc., please direct me to another thread for that.

We've got a beautifully made horror film here, even if it doesn't really knock down the doors people thought it would. The audience that's already forgotten much of the past (and boy, is that audience out there) will find it a lot more original and frightening than I did, but this is still much better than a lot of recent so-called horror (and the last thing I saw was GHOSTS OF MARS).

Let's get this much out of the way, no matter how much you have the characters ACKNOWLEDGE that they're behaving like stupid horror movie characters, that doesn't change the fact that they ARE behaving like stupid horror movie characters, so the self-reflexive bit doesn't help. Besides, look what happens to the protagonists when they try to do the smart thing--was there any real need for the stupidity?

The film is at its most tense when you understand little or nothing of what's happening or who's behind it. The more information we're given, the less satisfying the payoff is when you realize that you actually needed a bit more--well, you'll see what I mean.

But what a sequence in the cellar! And even better... what a WHOPPER of a scene when Eileen Brennan shows up! Even if JEEPERS CREEPERS isn't the most terrifying film of all time, this one scene, as I see it, is right up there with the best isolated horror sequences in a very long stretch of time.

Excellent creature effects, too--quite a horrifying apparition when all's said and done. As for when the MOVIE's done? It needed more in a couple of departments, but PLEASE spare us the sequels this time, huh?

------------------
"Nya-nya, nya-nya, nyahh-nyahh... I made you eat your parents!!!" --Cartman
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

I had two friends tell me this week that this was the best American horror film since 1985.

Damn pranksters! This was the biggest PIECE OF SHIT I've seen in a long time (keep in mind of course that I tend to skip most of what comes out, a habit I should have continued). I really can't think of anything in it that was good. Actually, it had some potential up until we learn the killer is a demon. From there on in, it becomes comic book drivel of the worst kind. Go see anything but this.

------------------
"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us, 'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'" (Dosteovsky's Grand Inquisitor.)
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

With all respect to Remo, I've heard more bad things than good about this one. And I was real iffy about seeing it in the first place. I did give it some consideration the other night, but decided to wait for video. I went to see O instead and was glad I did Image
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

seems like the whole mainstream horror thing is getting away from the bublegum slasher genre lately... and that's a good thing, but there's still little coming down that I want to see. Between this and that truck driver one (can't remember the title) with Steve Zahn I couldn't really care less about seeing either one. To be frank, nothing in theaters right now is interesting me and nothing will until christmas when Lord of the Rings comes out (and hopefully Death To Smoochy and 1 Hour Photo will be ready by that time as well). I guess it's good to see that the quality of the megaplex horror movies are getting better (if not by much). Sort of looking forward to seeing Session 9.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
violentm

Post by violentm »

Well, I finally decided to see this film. I've avoided it for a while. I haven't seen one film in a month, and what the hell I went to see this. I thought it was fantastic for what it was. For 45 minutes I was on the edge of my seat in suspense. I liked the film from beginning to end. I can understand why people wouldn't like the film due to the turn of events of plot in the latter of the film, but reading several reviews proclaiming its crap and the worst horror of 2001 is ridiculous! Did these people watch the first part of the movie??
[i] [color=white] I wish the dead could come back to life you bastard cause then I could kill ya again.
[/i] [b] -- Let Sleeping Corpses Lie [/color] [/b]
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

Where'd ya get those eyes?

------------------
"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us, 'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'" (Dosteovsky's Grand Inquisitor.)
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Scott

Post by Scott »

Well after seeing this, I must say I wasn't totally disappointed, but I expected a little more from it. Got off to a good start, but by the end, I felt like I expected too much. However, I wouldn't say it was a bad film, but not a great one either. Average. But better than some of the schlock Hollywood has dished out recently (ex: Urban Legends 2).
howlermonkee

Post by howlermonkee »

Ok, I have a question, did Wes Craven direct this movie?? If not, I've nothing to worry about and I can still idolize the man all I want.

Anyway, I havn't seen this film, and I don't really want to now that I know the plot(thank you, thank you thank you to the negative reviews!! For real, thanks) and I must agree with some people, there are no good modern horror movies nowadays save those from Wes Craven and the only reason they're good is because they're well writen and acted. Well, this is supposed to be about Jeepers Creepers so I'll say this, "I'm going to wait for the video!!"
David Austin

Post by David Austin »

This last message nearly had me gagging. Most if not ALL mainstream horror movies these days suck big eggs. Yes, this includes anything Wes Craven has done since THE PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS. As a confirmed lover of Craven's earlier movies (yes, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT is my favorite film of all time), it's a heartbreaker looking at his recent work.

As for JEEPERS CREEPERS, it was directed by an even bigger scumbag by the name of Victor Salva, but forget that...don't see this fucking thing, and throw snowballs if you see Victor Salva on your street. If no snow is available, substitute spit and piss and fire when ready. This movie sucks.

------------------
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
GoryGoryHallelujah

Post by GoryGoryHallelujah »

Jeepers Creepers is, undoubtedly, the worst film ever committed to celluloid. It was horrible on every level. It wasn't even a fun bad movie. It was painful to watch. The script was pure drivel. Who thought it was a good idea to start a film with ten minutes of meaningless sibling chatter? If I want to hear two people call each other names, I'll watch Beavis and Butthead. Their was no explanation for the creature or why he did what he did. And I haven't seen an end that bad since Roseanne got liposuction. There was not an interesting or original moment in the entire movie.
And the cinematography was pitiful, at best. I guess they got a good deal on a crane and decided they'd make as much use of it as they could. "Hey, I can't think of anything else to do here, so let's do another crane shot." The film stock didn't even match up throughout the movie. This was like a really bad feature-length student film...by failing students.
Victor Salva should be locked up. He's a danger to society. Not because he molested a twelve year old boy, but because he unleashed this trash on the moviegoing public.