EVIL ED

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
ROBERT

EVIL ED

Post by ROBERT »

I found this Swedish? Horror film on DVD(used) for about $10.00US, at my local CD store. I vaguely recall it being in a couple horror mags. But it recieved a bad review in one. It said it was boring, with 60 seconds of gore in an 85 minute film. Pretty cool cover art though. I think it's set in a film studio, and about an editor, that goes nuts.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

I really liked this movie when I saw it several years back and have wanted the import dvd, but I don't know if it's cut or not. The domestic release, by all accounts, definitely is. It's certainly not the best movie in the world, but I thought it tons of fun.

"It's molesting time!"-Dr. Wrench from the "Loose Limbs" series.
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

I think the DVD I saw is from Diamond. NOT a good sign,considering their awful video transfers of films like Pieces.

------------------
Wherever you go,there you are.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Evil Ed is weird 'cause it was shot in English, and I actually think the US version is uncut, but I'm not sure why I think that. The movie isn't very good, about a film editor who is censoring out all the violent bits of movies and then, because he's watching all the violence, goes on a killing spree (a satire on the censors' theroy that people will recreate what they see, obviously). I don't think the movie was very good, but there's this one part where he edits down a movie and there's a like two minute scene with nudity and gore (that's intentionally cheesy) that he edits down to two seconds. It's funny because it's true.

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I thought it was fun. One could do a LOT worse! I'm not sure about versions with more gore though.

------------------
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

Don't forget to check out our music site Gravemusic.com
Muncher666

Post by Muncher666 »

Completely off topic, I know - but I have to say, I'm impressed. A Yank who knows who TISM are? Well done, my friend. Image

Allan.
"I pitched the WB a show where Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny were teenagers, and I was a teenager too, and we were all pirates, but every week we would have different jobs and identities. And they called back and said it was stupid! And that I was stupid too! And let me tell you something. There's nothing stupid about a teenage rabbit teaching good hygiene! NOTHING!" - Space Ghost.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Tism rule!

------------------

Muncher666

Post by Muncher666 »

To be honest, I'm surprised considering they're such a topical (particularly in Australian circles) band. That is unless you're an ex-aussie? Image

They've just (as in yesterday) released a new album.

Allan.
"I pitched the WB a show where Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny were teenagers, and I was a teenager too, and we were all pirates, but every week we would have different jobs and identities. And they called back and said it was stupid! And that I was stupid too! And let me tell you something. There's nothing stupid about a teenage rabbit teaching good hygiene! NOTHING!" - Space Ghost.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Hey Munch,

My wife's from Melbourne, actually. She's not big on TISM, and even less so since she has to explain all the colloquiltisms they have (which is a LOT). Swanston Street, Waterfront Worker's Hotel, etc... I ordered De Riguermortis through CD now. I'm hoping I get the one with 2 Pint Screama...

------------------

Muncher666

Post by Muncher666 »

I'm getting it tommorow. 2 Pot Screama is on the first 100,000 copies I think - don't think you'll have to worry about not getting it. Image

Anyway, we're really veering off of topic here. Wanna continue in earcandy? Image

Allan

------------------
"Smoosh the fishy on the bready boardie!" - Swedish Chef
DayGlowAbortion

Post by DayGlowAbortion »

What's the origin of this movie? Scandinavian?,German? It doesn't seem to be from North America.
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Sweden Image