Wrong Turn--a faux James Brown would be quite intolerable

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Remo D

Wrong Turn--a faux James Brown would be quite intolerable

Post by Remo D »

You know, there are plenty of people out there who have never seen THE HILLS HAVE EYES, TCM, JUST BEFORE DAWN, hell, even DON'T GO IN THE WOODS on the big screen--or at all, for that matter.

They may wind up seeing this in search of thrills, and they'll probably find it appropriately gory and creepy in the long run--and they'll be hard pressed to understand just why I had such a miserable time with WRONG TURN.

Oh, Lord, where do I begin? What exactly gets THIS on the big screen as opposed to straight-to-video? Eliza Dushku? She's a draw? Tell that to the makers of SOUL SURVIVORS. And to answer your question ahead of time... no, she doesn't. And neither does the girl who obviously should have (but they coyly skipped over that part).

Hmmm... the boonies, the toothless hick who "runs" the dilapidated gas station, the twits versus the inbred mutants... it's not that there's anything truly "new" under the sun, it's just that I've seen all of this SO, SO MANY TIMES! New twists? Forget it--there isn't ONE.

Okay, okay... the "tree" scene wasn't bad. And "Dead? What people?" worked quite nicely. Trouble is that you have to sit through over an hour of horrendous dialogue and cookie-cutter characters to get to them. The mutants themselves look fine, and again--if you're completely new to this field, the movie might do the trick for you

This isn't a SWIMFAN that deliberately copies one specific movie... this is simply swill that coasts over every opportunity to be imaginative. "Well, we've got the girl from BUFFY, so we don't need anything else!"

If you've been waiting breathlessly for this one, don't let me stop you. As for me... I could get along quite all right without ever seeing WRONG TURN again.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

Good ol' Remo. Always taking one for the team.

You see them, so I don't have to.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
shawn porter

Post by shawn porter »

I had a strong feeling it was going to suck,
and anyone who would know what their talking about, and went to see it......BIG thumbs down!
but i almost went and saw it anyway, i'm glad i didin't!
i'll fall asleep to it one night on cable.