PIECES Special Edition Coming

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
bruce h

PIECES Special Edition Coming

Post by bruce h »

Grindhouse Releasing have secured the rights to JP Simon’s trash-classic PIECES, and will be doing their damnedest to ensure it’s the definitive version. It’ll still be a while before it comes out (duh, it’s Grindhouse) but fans of the film may want to know there’s a better disc on the horizon. (And yes, I know about the German disc. Apparently it has a making-of segment, but what they don’t tell you is that it’s NOT the making of PIECES!)
----------------------
[b][SIZE="3"][url=http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/]Cinema Arcana[/url][/SIZE][/b]
[i]Knee-Deep in Cinemuck![/i]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I can't imagine anything being better than the Diamond DVD :)
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
FOG

Post by FOG »

tighhhttt

I have a hard time imagining anything better than that myself... oh wait, I just thought of it.. the video.
Let's ask him, what's the deal?
shawn

Post by shawn »

Do we really need a definitive version of Pieces? Some movies were meant to look like grainy-ass. Junk movies should look like junk... I'll take my old pre-record of Maniac over the new "remastered" versions anyday. And I used to actually like Cannibal Apocalypse but the DVD ruins the atmosphere and mood. KEEP MY SHITTY MOVIES LOOKING SHITTY! Besides, it will be 2008 before Bob gets off his ass and releases this...

I realize none of yall will agree with my opinion and you'll probably start flaming me so let me finish off with a quick FUCK YOU ALL! :)
Check out my MOVIE: Black Devi Doll

[url]http://www.blackdevildoll.com[/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/blackdevildolldvd[/url]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Nah, I see what you're saying, Shawn.

Like, I prefer to get a few specks on a film print so when I'm watching it at home it looks just a little more like it's playing in a cinema. 'Course, when that shit gets out of control, I get annoyed.

beyond

Post by beyond »

Heh, call me clueless but i've seen Pieces once, like millions of years ago and the quality was... Well, a black and white dude is running through the room and his colour is chasing him. Hard to describe but any bootlegger know what i mean. This was when Jesus was a young boy and all obscure movies came from some exotic pirate somewhere, handwritten lists and shit. All titles had to be chosen by how gory the title was, we had no fucking Fangorias back then. In fact, we had no clue at all. But Lucio was always shining on the videoshelves, thank god for that :)

So, is it any good?
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Pieces isn't great, but I've always found it relatively entertaining. The gore FX are pretty good, and the story line of a guy killing people and taking different body parts isn't so bad. The supernatural tinge at the ending is dumb, though. I guess Lamberto Bava pretty much remade it as...Puzzle, maybe that was the name.

T.Luster

Post by T.Luster »

The Diamond DVD is a below average disc,and it's pan & scan. I would welcome a widescreen upgrade. I think the movie rocks,but then again,I like all sorts of goofy shit.

Speaking of J.P.Simon,anyone else pick up the SLUGS disc? I'm pleased with it!
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Yep, there's a lot to be said for old, grainy tapes (I held on to my ancient, scratchy Vestron pre-record of PIECES, never fear)--but since I was lucky enough to catch the film (twice) on the big screen, I would certainly appreciate a disc release that re-creates THAT experience for me!

Now, I don't need a Spanish-language version with optional English subtitles, I don't need a Dolby Digital 5.1 Stereo Surround remix. Just the film, exactly the way I saw it, in widescreen.

Oh, wait--I would like a Paul L. Smith interview in which he compares playing the custodian in PIECES to being cast as Bluto in POPEYE. Robin Williams or Christopher George? You decide!
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!