Cold Creek Manor--what's the point?

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Remo D

Cold Creek Manor--what's the point?

Post by Remo D » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:41 pm

The trailers hinted that this had some supernatural content... no such luck. It's one of those "deep dark secret" movies--say, anyone remember a TV-movie called THE STRANGE AND DEADLY OCCURRENCE? Same deal, different secret.

You know, you watch something like this and you go along with it for a while--it's certainly well-acted and all that... then you notice that it's trying SO hard to suggest that it's going one way. Therefore, since it's all become so familiar that your attention has begun to wander, you start imagining other ways the story might play out. What they're doing is TOO obvious, right? So it's got to be going somewhere else. And before you know it, you've come up with a pretty decent little twist on your own, and you can't wait for the movie to prove you right.

And then you notice that the movie isn't paying any attention to your ingenious twists... it's almost over, and it's STILL on the same exact track. HUH? You mean that's really ALL we get?

Okay, if anyone's truly terrified of snakes, there's one sequence they need to catch here--quite nicely done.

Other than that, I can't think of a single reason to pay COLD CREEK MANOR any attention at all.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!

FOG

Post by FOG » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:35 pm

But I thought Cold Creek Manor was "the answer to everything"??

haha
Let's ask him, what's the deal?