TWIN PEAKS on DVD

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Darth Tanner

TWIN PEAKS on DVD

Post by Darth Tanner »

Artisan has finally released the first season of TWIN PEAKS on DVD. I picked mine up the other day and just finished watching all of the seven episodes. All in all, a pretty cool set that fans of the series are sure to love. The picture is presented full-frame (as originally shot) and looks simply amazing. I noticed no grain or artifacts anywhere. The 5.1 sound is also terrific, but I didn't have the equipment to test out the DTS track. Extras are pretty decent as well, but the "Twin Peaks Directory" is really tricky to navigate. The only real complaint is that the crucial 2-hour pilot episode is not included in this set due to rights issues. But don't worry, the pilot was released on a region-free DVD in Taiwan and can easily be purchased through eBay or any site that sells import DVD's (best place to look IMO is DiabolikDVD). Even without the pilot, this is still a great set and well worth having. I'm anxiously waiting for season two to be released.

In other TP news, it looks like that New Line is finally releasing FIRE WALK WITH ME on DVD Feb. 26. Although it has not been totally confirmed yet, it looks like the disc is going to be released "without" the deleted scenes that they have been trying to get the rights to for the past year. A real bummer for fans, but it still sounds like it will be a cool disc even without the extra scenes (at this point it is already ranked at #2 in sales at Amazon). Hopefully if it sells well, New Line will take notice and give the fans what they want. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]