The Butterfly Effect--don't be fooled

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Remo D

The Butterfly Effect--don't be fooled

Post by Remo D »

Don't be fooled by the trailer, that is. And forget the Demi Moore/Kelso jokes--precious few laughs to be had here.

Typical "Twilight Zone" deal, right? Even done on "The Simpsons." Travelling back into the past to try and fix something, only to mess it up every time?

Yeah, that's there... but the trailer still made me think it dealt with something as basic as losing a girlfriend to an auto accident.

Unless you've read the reviews, you have no idea just how HARSH the material actually is. Have a soft spot for ANYTHING? Something terrible happens to it here. And I can assure you that if the subject matter had been accurately reflected in the publicity, precious few people would have WANTED to see this.

The basic plot remains as I suggested above--and yes, I suppose THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT goes on just a bit too long (there's one bittersweet point where I, myself, would have brought up the credits), and it never really gets past the ramifications originally presented in the above examples. And yet it's all well done enough to remain compelling, familiar or not.

Some may not consider this "horror," but I can assure you that there's plenty of disturbing material to be found here--I cringed and jumped repeatedly, I must confess. Good sign for 2004, I suppose--now let's see someone get that reaction WITHOUT using a TZ/Simpsons plot!
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
shawn porter

Post by shawn porter »

i can't decide it kind of looks interesting, i figured it might have something to do with chaos theory but i guess ill have to see it.
FOG

Post by FOG »

I saw it cause I had nothing to do...

Pretty funny stuff.
Let's ask him, what's the deal?
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Haven't been out to see anything in awhile, but I did catch this and thought it was pretty good. Ashton Kutcher is not one of my favorite actors, but his performance was pretty decent as well as Amy Smart's. But Eric Stoltz was really outstanding in his cameo as the evil neighbor. I agree with Remo that this movie is a good sign that 2004 will be a decent year for genre films. But I don't want to speak too soon:)
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]