upcoming Zombie and Dr. Butcher DVD releases

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Valgamon

upcoming Zombie and Dr. Butcher DVD releases

Post by Valgamon »

The former is due out from Anchor Bay Feb. 19th, and the latter on Media Blasters March 26th. Both can be had cheap @ uln.com
bruce h

Post by bruce h »

Pass on Anchor Bay's Zombie rerelease - it's the same exact disc as their old one, but with a new cover. A much better US disc should be out within the next year.

As for Dr Butcher - it's actually just the Zombi Holocaust version, but I'm still trying to persuade Shriek Show into including both edits (I actually prefer the Dr B over it's original form)
----------------------
[b][SIZE="3"][url=http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/]Cinema Arcana[/url][/SIZE][/b]
[i]Knee-Deep in Cinemuck![/i]
Valgamon

Post by Valgamon »

I wonder if, unlike the German version, the deleted scene will be re-edited into the film. Not that it adds much, but hey... anything is preferable to watching it separately after the credits roll.
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

If it's the same as the old AB "Zombie" DVD I will definitely pass, I thought the mastering blew goats!

I'm pretty happy with the Dragon "Zombie Holocaust" disk so the Shriek Show one better have some decent extras if they want my money Image
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

The deleted scene is part of Dr. Butcher, so if it's Zombi Holocaust, they probably won't include it. I don't know if the scene got reinstated for the US release or what...Also, because of the Tales to Rip Your Heart Out footage, it may not be feasable to release Dr. Butcher as well as ZH. But the re-scoring was certainly marvelous for Butcher, so I'd be interested in a dual sided disc. Not that I'd get one, as I have the cool Dragon DVD already anyway.

Are there any extras slated on the Zombie DVD that's suppouse to come out later? I always thought the remastering really improved the film, but I only saw the VHS (plus was used to the fuckin' Edde tape, so anything woulda been a vast improvement...)

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
bruce h

Post by bruce h »

The later Zombie disc will (supposedly) be loaded with xtras.

As for Zombi Holocaust - they're producing the disc with full co-operation from Roy Frumkes, and the Tales To Tear Your Heart Out footage will be on there as a supplement (with commentary), which i think is stupid. I would MUCH rather have the full Dr B version, but I hear the US version is changed to the point where it's a different entity which would constitute a different rights situation.
----------------------
[b][SIZE="3"][url=http://bruceholecheck.blogspot.com/]Cinema Arcana[/url][/SIZE][/b]
[i]Knee-Deep in Cinemuck![/i]