Nameless Movies

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Shallow Graves

Nameless Movies

Post by Shallow Graves » Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:08 pm

How does one find horror movies seen long ago without having even a clue what the title is? Just describe it on one of these boards and hope for the best?

I am 138

Post by I am 138 » Wed Jan 23, 2002 9:18 pm

That might work. Joe Bob Briggs used to do a name that movie thing as well, he might still on his site. Here, I got two:

I think these are actually tv shows, and one may have been a dream...

All I saw of one was a part where a guy was out on a street at night (he may or may not have been out there with a wolf or turning into a wolf) and I think he looked into a window and saw a baby, and the baby turned green (or mutated in some fashion). I saw this 20 years ago when I was three or so...any ideas?

The other MAY have been dreamt, or warped by my memory into involving Leatherface. All I remember is that at the very end of whatever this was, I think a guy was in an asylum and peering out a top window. The camera then went into the room he was in, closed in as he turned around to reveal he was wearing a mask, which in my mind was very similar to Gunnar Hansen's in Saw.

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]

Bad Feeble

Post by Bad Feeble » Thu Jan 24, 2002 6:45 pm

The second MIGHT be SLAUGHTER HIGH I guess. Hell, it finishes up in asylum with this guy on the bed and after killing a nurse (or something like that), he turns around to show his face which is bandaged up because of a severe burn. Anyway, you never know, this might be it...

I saw it recently since parts of it where popping into my mind but I never could figure from which film it came. Found out with a friend's help! It was great finally knowing what the hell this thing was. A good slasher...

I am 138

Post by I am 138 » Fri Jan 25, 2002 5:36 pm

Is that the Troma one? 'Cause I saw that a few years ago, so woulda recognized the end. Don't think so...but good guess. I would be something that was on daytime TV like 20 years ago...

------------------

Bad Feeble

Post by Bad Feeble » Sun Jan 27, 2002 9:22 am

Nope, it ain't the one by Troma. It's one of those superior slasher films from the 80s. It stars a bunch of nobodys and Caroline Munro. Here it is on the Imdb: http://us.imdb.com/Details?0091969

Although, if it was something on daytime and 20 years ago, you might want to forget that one 'cause it ain't it! Image

Valgamon

Post by Valgamon » Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:08 am

Simon Scuddamore, who played Marty Rantzen in Slaughter High, commited suicide shortly after the film was released.

With the knowledge of this, watching the opening when his character is viciously tormented can't help but make you wonder if acting out this torment somehow contributed to Scuddamore's final act.

I am 138

Post by I am 138 » Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:12 am

Sorry, I got it confused with Splatter University, title wise. The thing I remember had to have been made before 1983 at the latest, had to be on at least before 7-8 at night, and on local channels. Again, I coulda dreamt that one...or altered it so much in my memory that it would be completely unrecognizable.

------------------