Cannibal Holocaust

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

I thought the part where the woman getting the skin ripped off her hands was pretty grueling.Men Behind The Sun was a party fave around here. I wouldn't bother seeing it twice though. Just an excuse to depict a bunch of atrocities,and then justify it on the ethical/moral grounds that it really happened. I prefer my mondo entertainment without such pretentions. It cheapens(for shock/entertainment value) the real events.

[This message has been edited by ROBERT (edited 01-14-2002).]
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Originally posted by Muncher666:

What worries me even more is that even though they ban pap like Texas Chainsaw Massacare Two in Australia
I saw that the other day. Is it the X-rated version that's banned or the R too? And why the fuck is Nekromantik 2 banned but not one? And how the hell am I going to get my Cannibal Holocaust DVD into the country?

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Bad Feeble

Post by Bad Feeble »

The ending to NEKROMANTIK 2 is what scares the censors. Created quite a fuss for its premiere in Germany too. It was seized right away.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

That ending is pretty wicked. BUt the first one's ending is pretty fucked up too, in idea if not execution, anyway. Buttgereit mentions on the Barrel DVD that because the scene is optically censored in Japan, the effect is much more realistic and disturbing.

------------------

Muncher666

Post by Muncher666 »

138 - I thought you were in America, and that it was only your wife that was the aussie..

Either way, the reason TCM2 is banned is only, and I repeat ONLY because of the scene where Leatherface starts poking his chainsaw into the chick's crotch. Nothing more. Stupid, isn't it?

Oh, and Nekromantik has actually had a release over here, too. I've seen it in a video store or two.

allan.

------------------
"Smoosh the fishy on the bready boardie!" - Swedish Chef
"I pitched the WB a show where Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny were teenagers, and I was a teenager too, and we were all pirates, but every week we would have different jobs and identities. And they called back and said it was stupid! And that I was stupid too! And let me tell you something. There's nothing stupid about a teenage rabbit teaching good hygiene! NOTHING!" - Space Ghost.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

We're both in America, but plan to move to Australia in about 2 years (we're waiting on the repealing of Aus. dual citizen law). It's the only movie I have that is banned that I might want to take with me, but oh, well. And I guess the R version of Saw 2 would be banned as well, as that's in both of 'em. Too bad, 'cause that's a silly, silly movie that really needs to be laughed at.

------------------

Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Caught this on the big screen tonight and found it to be MUCH more effective that way. What puzzled me is that nobody left during the animal cruelty shit (the only really bad shit in my opinion) but about people left in the final sequence when the natives were getting their revenge on the white devils. Go figger...

My favorite comment after the flick was some woman saying that the message of the film was not to eat red meat! Some people just don't get it!

See this fucker in a theater near you if you can, dates and venues are at http://www.cannibalholocaust.net
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Wankinstein

Post by Wankinstein »

In Men Behind the Sun,which actually was the real corpse,the Autopsy Boy?
In regards to Texas 2 in Australia,even though it is banned they played a slightly cut version on Foxtel.Funny enough i also thought it would of been the Chainsaw nudgin crutch scene that got it banned,but this was intact and the only scene to be cut was a few frames of Chop Top hammering the male DJ,i forget his name TJ or something.
I hear the the Aus. censors have recently refused classification for The Toxic Avenger DVD.Why?We recently got the director's cut.
Was it an extra that fired the OFLC's fury?
T.Luster

Post by T.Luster »

The "Screenings" section on the CH webpage comes up with a blank white screen?
Muncher666

Post by Muncher666 »

Stupidly enough, it's because of the little mini-games that were featured in the DVD, which showed you select cuts of the violence. The fact that after playing the game you got to see violent bits that were already in the film tipped the OFLC over the edge. Stupid fuckers.

Allan.

------------------
"I pitched the WB a show where Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny were teenagers, and I was a teenager too, and we were all pirates, but every week we would have different jobs and identities. And they called back and said it was stupid! And that I was stupid too! And let me tell you something. There's nothing stupid about a teenage rabbit teaching good hygiene! NOTHING!" - Space Ghost.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Originally posted by Wankinstein:
In Men Behind the Sun,which actually was the real corpse,the Autopsy Boy?
In the first one, it's a small boy. MAYBE they used an adult corpse, but it didn't look that way at all to me. They have a child actor get abducted, then the "Men Behind the sun" have him on a table. From there, the shots all remain in a spot where the boys face can't be seen as an autopsy is performed. REALLY disturbing. The second one has an adult female corpse that's frozen sawn up.

------------------

Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Originally posted by T.Luster:
The "Screenings" section on the CH webpage comes up with a blank white screen?
Strange, try http://www.cannibalholocaust.net/screening.htm
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Muncher666

Post by Muncher666 »

As far as Man Behind the Sun goes, here's a little article I have (courtesy of Griff, cheers) that'll probably interest the lot of you.
http://www.horschamp.qc.ca/9901/offscreen_columns/ManBehind1.html

Allan.

------------------