Malevolence

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
stypees back

Malevolence

Post by stypees back »

Probably spelled that wrong.. I'm supposed to be seeing this tomorrow, it's screening at two small theatres. The site has a nice set up and I like the gimmicky audition reaction stuff..

Anybody hear anything about this?

(do a google search for the site)
[color=DarkSlateBlue]ON TOUR, LIMITED CITIES[/color]

[size=134]STYPEE AND JOYCE[/size]

[color=YellowGreen]LIVE AND IN LOVE: AROUND THE GLOBE[/color]

[font=Courier New]A TOUR YEARS IN THE MAKING![/font]

[color=DarkOrange]COMING TO YOUR TOWN SOON! [/color]

[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6146/joyce8gz.png[/img]
stypees back

Post by stypees back »

So I saw this piece of shit yesterday, it agitates me just writing about it. Essentially, it was a fairly well written script (despite the dialouge) and with the assumption with a better cast and a decent pace it might have worked but it's agnozingly obvious references to other films made me squirm.

Sound queues that are 100% identical to Friday The 13th and Halloween, just a few notes changed on a shitty synth.

All other rips may have been some sort of homage.. The killers "mask" was Jason's white bag over his head from Part 2. The killer's clothing, Michael Myers.

The lighting, ripped right out of HALLOWEEN, all blue. Full of shadows (that is if you don't compare it to the DIVIMAX release).. Shots, Halloween. Including one so blatently obvious it crawled under my skin.

So here's the plot..

The script came from a 500 page manuscript and was inspired by a true story (very, very partial to reality here) three people rob a bank. They run out and into different vehicles. As they run passed pedestarians it's hilarious watching them duck and uncomfortably smile at the camera.

We follow the three idiots to a house in the woods, but that's the problem. We take too much time to get there. The film runs a little under 90 minutes, it's just too slow. The director tries to hard to be John Carpenter, not working man.

ANYWAY..

More jibber jabber, bad acting (which had the small audience laughing) a car getting stolen with a kid in it. Than the twist which I won't reveal if you decide to see this flick because there's two, one is smart, the other stupid.

Interesting concept for a badly acted movie.

You'll also see touches of TCM, LHOTL and some other shit.

Big dissapointment and this was the MIDDLE of a proposed trilogy.

The blood is minimal because it was probably spent on buying all the dam corpses.

A bore.

Oh yeah, ANCHOR BAY was a distributer.. Hmmm?
[color=DarkSlateBlue]ON TOUR, LIMITED CITIES[/color]

[size=134]STYPEE AND JOYCE[/size]

[color=YellowGreen]LIVE AND IN LOVE: AROUND THE GLOBE[/color]

[font=Courier New]A TOUR YEARS IN THE MAKING![/font]

[color=DarkOrange]COMING TO YOUR TOWN SOON! [/color]

[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6146/joyce8gz.png[/img]
deadwiz
Forum Newbie

Post by deadwiz »

Hmm, I just recently saw this and I enjoyed it...Though I do think it could of used more bloodshed and a couple creative kills or something. But I left the movie feeling satisfied at best. Maybe I was just in the mood for it? Sorry you didn't feel the same way I did.
I know it's premiering in a couple different places tomorrow, like seattle and san francisco, So I think I'm going to try to make it to that, maybe.