The Legend of Zu

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Latte Thunder

The Legend of Zu

Post by Latte Thunder »

My Legend of Zu disc came in the mail over the weekend. For a DVD that was supposed to be a "special edition" and cost $8 more than the standard disc, this was still pretty bare bones with a couple of trailers a cheesy making of, bios and fimography (Sammon Hung is oddly absent from all of it).

The movie itself look incredible. A ton of work went into this picture and it paid off. Some of the effects are really awkward looking, but those that aren't are dead on. The people making movies over in Hong Kong are working on a much higher level than our Hollywood people. Though the technology may be inferior to the cutting edge stuff here, their effects are 100 times more imaginative and cool looking (one look at the Omei "swords" and you'll agree). This is just one cool looking movie...

The story is really confusing, though. I'm not sure if this is a remake of the original Zu or is some kind of sequel but it would seem that it was intended for an audience that already knew what was going on. People do things for reasons unexplained, characters appear and disappear for long stretches of time. There's very little in the way of character development and very little background is revealed so you have all these characters interacting in this epic story about good and evil... and you don't know anything about them so you ultimately don't give a shit.

It's nice to look at, though, the fight scenes are REALLY cool, the weapons are really cool, even the parts of the story that make sense are cool. But it just wasn't consistent.

Bob and Harvey Weinstein are credited with Executive Producers as well.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I believe it's a sequel. Zu: Warriors is also very confusing story wise with people poppin' up everywhere. I wasn't very into it, as the whole movie is based around the FX...nothing else really mattered.

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]