Uwe Boll . . . challenging Ed Wood?

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Scott

Uwe Boll . . . challenging Ed Wood?

Post by Scott »

An interesting thought. I believe that Uwe Boll is trying to challenge Ed Wood for the title of "worst director in the history of Hollywood." I'm not just basing this on the shitpile known as House of the Dead. Early advance on his next video game-to-movie Alone in the Dark says that it could be even WORSE than House of the Dead. I can only think, "Is that even possible." An early review was posted at Bloody Disgusting suggesting the test screening was a disaster.

I remember when the bad reviews for House started creeping up last year. Before I even saw the film, I thought surely it can't be that bad. After all, he had a cast of Jurgen Prochnow, Clint Howard, and Ellie Cornell (Halloween 4, 5). After wasting six bucks, I'd say House is one of the worst movies of all time, not just among horror films. It was especially sickening to see Cornell come back and be wasted in such a shitty film.

Finally, Boll is also doing the adaptation for BloodRayne which I'm sure will also make Children of the Dead look good. What's even more puzzling is the cast includes Ben Kingsley and Kristanna Loken. How could any self-respecting actor like Kingsley stoop to such a low by taking a role in an Uwe Boll film? Guess some people will really do anything for money?

I think it's quite obvious. Boll is shooting for the Hollywood Hall of Shame.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Yeah, Kingsley made Species solely for money. I didn't hate Species, but it wasn't really up to his level.
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Scott wrote:Early advance on his next video game-to-movie Alone in the Dark says that it could be even WORSE than House of the Dead. I can only think, "Is that even possible."

After wasting six bucks
I don't think anything could be as bad as House of the Dead was. Just be happy you only wasted 6 dollars on it instead of 10 :llama: