Xbox has a killer PAL-NTSC converter

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Chris Slack

Xbox has a killer PAL-NTSC converter

Post by Chris Slack »

I got my region 0 PAL DVD of "Island of Death" a little while ago and decided to give it a go on the Xbox yesterday as performance on my Apex is a little lacking. The damn thing played GREAT. Supposedly there is a CD coming out soon that will make the Xbox region free so if that works I'll have a region free PAL/NTSC DVD player that also plays great games. I'll post results of that as soon as I can get my hands on the CD.

Anyone know if the Playstation 2 DVD player does PAL/NTSC conversion?

------------------
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

Don't forget to check out our music site Gravemusic.com.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

Regarding the PS 2. I thought the japanese version could be made region free as well.But not the U.S version.Then again, it seems everything is hackable these days. As for the X-box,I heard about the region free feature. Keep us posted on it's conversion. It could play other region DVDs but end up stretching out the image to 1:1.33 from a widescreen format.If it retains the proper aspect ratio, it would be sweet addition.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento