The Grudge

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
{DeAdGuY}

Post by {DeAdGuY} »

Thats right they cant
Inearthed

Post by Inearthed »

stypees back wrote:Another gripe is that it's just getting to over-blown. They keep releasing shit with fancy poster art and the film bores you to tears. I've seen so many flicks like this and either fell asleep or tossed the disc on e-bay. I lost interest especially after the big fuck up mistake that was BATTLE ROYALE II. Man, what a mis-directed, obnoxious, arrogant and DRAWN OUT movie. At least the first one was entertaining and had a point. The second was so blantaly obvious during that dumb scene (if you haven't seen it and want too I won't spoil it) at the end it felt as the movie and culture itself was islotating itself from other parts of the world.

BRII was terrible. Boring, and not anywhere as interesting as the first BR movie. They should've just done another BR movie with the same exact idea in mind with the classmates vs the classmates but with a slight twist or something. Otherwise it was a completely different movie that shared a couple of the same things (necklaces, characters). Their 'teacher' dude was so fucking funny (especially at the end, I've never laughed so hard at a foreign movie until that one sequence towards the end)
Skno

Post by Skno »

Scary? Not in the slightest, there were a few tense seconds, but I didn;t see the story behind it. Yeah the family was killed/commited suicide, but what theh hell. There was no reason for them to be there. Not like the ring, where she was just screwed up in life and twice as much dead. Yeah... it was a little creepy visually, but as for a story, it seriously lacked anything material. And I don;t think the idea was original, it was a cross between ammetyville horror and final destination with a small amount of the effects from the Ring, which I think they tried to capitolize on the rings success. When I watched Ringu, I was not impressed. I think the american version was a much more interesting story.. and I am imaptiently awaiting the sequel, due out early next year. As for the Grudge... I am still trying to figure out what it was about, if anything..
Syztem 7