Halloween message to all

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Remo D

Halloween message to all

Post by Remo D »

You've all probably heard the one about the two prayers--a farmer was praying for rain at the same time that a picnicking family was praying for clear skies. In the same area, naturally. Neither the farmer nor the family was demonstrably "better" or "worthier" than the other. So who did God listen to? Whose prayer did he grant?

Schoolchildren debate the answer heatedly--as well they should. Later in life, some of us come to a conclusion--that whether the day held rain or shine, it wasn't because "God" chose one side over the other. The universe was set in motion a long time ago--and so were the conditions of the earth and its atmosphere. This applies to an inconvenient rainstorm just as much as it applies to hurricanes in Florida or earthquakes in Japan. And it also applies to cruel illnesses.

When one faces a life-threatening situation through no fault of his or her own, one may be tempted to ask "Why did God do this? Why did God allow this?" Which brings us to three statements--only two of which can be true at the same time.

1. God is all powerful.
2. God is all good.
3. Terrible things happen.

Take statement 3 for granted. What's left to believe? I prefer to believe statement 2 over statement 1. I don't believe in an omnipotent orchestrator of ALL things and ALL events for ALL time. No, I choose to believe that all things that are good can be summed up in a concept many choose to refer to as "God." And the beauty part of this is that you don't have to believe in "the" God, in "a" God, or in any God at all. If you acknowledge the existence of anything good--then call it what you will.

I will be spending my Halloween afternoon heading a memorial observation for our good friend and castmate Jonelle Snead. You may remember my talking about her some time ago. For months after her diagnosis of terminal cancer, she found herself without a home to count on--bouncing between various friends and relatives, and often sleeping in her car.

This wasn't right--this wasn't good--this wasn't "God." So we took it upon ourselves to do something about it. We held an independent film festival in her honor this past June--and as a fundraiser, it was successful enough for us to arrange accommodations that Jonelle could count on.

And when the time finally came for her to require the sort of 24-hour care that we couldn't provide on her own, she was able to stay in Hospice House--a caring inpatient facility on the Central Coast. Jonelle was kept as comfortable as humanly possible, and she had a steady stream of visitors for as long as she was there.

Jonelle passed away on Saturday, October 23rd.

"God" didn't make her sick. "God" saw to it that she was well taken care of.

And while I will be spending Halloween paying respects to our departed friend, "God" removed none of my Halloween spirit. The party is still on, the movies are still unspooling, and there are tricks to be played and treats to be had.

And I send you, as I do every year, my very best wishes for this time of the year. Truly OUR time.

May your projects pan out.

May the movies you watch be good.

May you enjoy good health.

May you appreciate the company you keep.

And may you never lose sight of the fun of it all... despite the events of this year, I can assure you that I haven't, either.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to a great bunch of friends.

Shane "Remo D." Dallmann
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Cheers, Uncle Remo.
MEL

Post by MEL »

very well said my friend.

WORD.

i hope your halloween is fanstastic as well!
[url]http://www.myspace.com/seattleladymusiciansearch[/url]
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

:devil: :skull: :devil: :skull: :devil: :skull:
ROBERT

Post by ROBERT »

May all of you watch many All Hallows themed films, and expel much vomit this Halloween Weekend. (I know I already have) Happy Halloween. Oh, and fine words once again, Mr Dallmann.
"I don't want to be called an "artist." "Acting like an "artist" is synonymous to acting like an asshole."

Asia Argento
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

Happy Halloween gang! :cheers:
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Thanks Remo! happy h-day to you all!
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

The tally thus far:

Zombi 2
Cannibal: Anthropophagus 2000
Alligator
Brides of Blood
The Wolf Man
Getting ready for Evil Dead...the family wasn't too fond of E. Romero or Schnaas. Go figure.
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]