House of Flying Daggers

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Kimberly

House of Flying Daggers

Post by Kimberly »

Hero is one of my favorite movies... and while I enjoyed the story of Hero alot more as well as the fantasy "mind fights"... I thought House of Flying Daggers was once again gorgeous.

The story centers on two officers trying to find the new leader of the House of Flying Daggers, which is a sort of feared Robin Hood like group. A blind young woman, skilled in martial arts of course, is arrested and found to be a member of the group. The two officers come up with a plan where the one will break her out of jail and help her back... this way finding the group. It gets all messy though when that love word starts to happen...

Like Hero, it is a period peice... it too has beautiful costumes, gorgeous settings and great fight scenes. House of Flying Daggers wasn't all flying swords like Hero was. There were a few parts where I did feel that the director was trying to capture a moment or two from Hero (ie Hero having the part where they are fighting on the water and Jet Li hits the drop of water off his sword to the other guy, who in turn hits it back to him... in House of Flying Daggers there's a similar shot, but done with blood).

Really a lovely, outstanding film...
bRRt

Post by bRRt »

sounds nice, where can I find that?
HILLARY CLINTON in '08

And then God said unto me "If my dog was as ugly as you, I'd shave it's ass and teach it to walk backwards".

:devildoll :mad: :llama: :mad: :devildoll

"blood in the streets it's up to my ankles
blood in the streets it's up to my knees"
-The Doors

"If I had a dollar for every brain you didn't have, I'd have one dollar"
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

bRRt wrote:sounds nice, where can I find that?
Got a DVD-R from http://www.superhappyfun.com
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

I've got a great boot of this. I thought Hero was much more aesthetically pleasing as I hold firm to my belief that it's the most beautiful martial arts movie ever made, but Flying Daggers is definitely up there on my list of most impressive. It's much more conventional than Hero and feels a lot more like Crouching Tiger.

I'd like to see more of these martial arthouse movies made.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Latte Thunder wrote:I've got a great boot of this. I thought Hero was much more aesthetically pleasing as I hold firm to my belief that it's the most beautiful martial arts movie ever made, but Flying Daggers is definitely up there on my list of most impressive. It's much more conventional than Hero and feels a lot more like Crouching Tiger.

I'd like to see more of these martial arthouse movies made.
I just really enjoyed the story of Hero alot more and totally agree about it being the most beautiful martial arts movie ever made... and Jet Li too boot... who woulda thunk!! I also loved the Rashomon like way that Hero was told...
I also enjoyed the love story between Broken Sword and Flying Snow. Hero moved me to tears... House of Flying Daggers didn't, though it tried.

I thought House of Flying Daggers was outstanding... just not as good as the director's previous film.
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

*BUMP*

It got a wide theatrical release today... I suggest you do yourself a favor and see this movie!!