Land of the Dead - New Romero flick

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
steven_millan

Post by steven_millan »

Clark Chaos wrote:I would give it a B.

Good movie but nothing that incredible.

Like seeing Savini back as the dead biker but didnt he get gutted in Dawn? :) It kinda looked more like when he was a vampire. :)

I am looking forward to seeing it again. but I think it is kind of a let down compared to the first 3. Oh well, better then nothing and who knows what the DVD will look like.

\m/

And anything with Asia Argento in it cant suck. She is so easy on the eyes.

You're got that right,amigo !!! :metal: :metal: :D :D

As for Tom's biker-turned-zombie,he was shot(by the original "Dawn..." 's threesome,and fell to his death below(but the zombies didn't nab him and eat him),which easily explains his very cool zombie cameo scene.
MuC

Post by MuC »

alright...saw it again this morning...had the whole theater to myself...yupz...my only real complaint is the cg... :dsmoke:
[url=http://www.myspace.com/dissonance]dissonance[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/pillbrigade]pill brigade[/url]

ABORTION KILLS!!!! isnt that the point?...i love [url=http://www.bountyhunterinc.com/]bounty hunter[/url]

...with glowing pride I'll wear my scars...I'm honored by your hatred...

M-u-C...see you real soon...
Scott

Land dies at box office

Post by Scott »

My biggest fear about the film came to bear. I never liked the idea of bumping up the release date to June in the middle of the summer movie season. As much as I wanted to see Land, I felt that Universal didn't give Romero's new film enough time for marketing and promotion. The result? The film has barely broke even at the box office and dropped a staggering 73% in just its second week. This will make Day of the Dead seem like a box office smash in comparison. Also, I think it's possible that LOTD dismal performance could mark the end of Romero's zombie movies.
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Scott wrote:My biggest fear about the film came to bear. I never liked the idea of bumping up the release date to June in the middle of the summer movie season. As much as I wanted to see Land, I felt that Universal didn't give Romero's new film enough time for marketing and promotion. The result? The film has barely broke even at the box office and dropped a staggering 73% in just its second week. This will make Day of the Dead seem like a box office smash in comparison. Also, I think it's possible that LOTD dismal performance could mark the end of Romero's zombie movies.

Whether or not Romero starts another DEAD film remains to be seen. But really--don't feel too bad about the box office. We're in an all-time slump, and we're up against WAR OF THE WORLDS, BATMAN BEGINS, MR. AND MRS. SMITH, EPISODE 3, etc.

For all that, LAND OF THE DEAD broke the top five and can be assured of turning at least a modest profit. And let's not forget the good reviews practically across the board. And the unrated DVD that's due to hit in October. Universal won't give up on the film--for God's sake, they even gave SEED OF CHUCKY the deluxe treatment, no?

This will go down in history as a GOOD film and as a WORTHWHILE film. Romero was up against the toughest competition imaginable--and when you scale things appropriately, he has every right to hold his head up high.

I said it before and I'll say it again--this film was worth waiting twenty years for, and its reputation will only continue to grow over the years.

And even if (heavy sigh) Romero retires after this one, I say he's got one hell of a cinematic epitaph.

I consider this release a SUCCESS.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
PECKER{*x*}WOOD

Post by PECKER{*x*}WOOD »

I'll have to agree with Remo D on this, as the film has past the 15mil of its budget. By the time its cinema run is over, It should've made around 35 to 50mil. Not a big sum, but enough to make Universal happy. Since they fucked up on the release date. Let me state that this is a cut version of the film, and the full DVD version should fix most issues people have with the film now.
steven_millan

Post by steven_millan »

PECKER{*x*}WOOD wrote:I'll have to agree with Remo D on this, as the film has past the 15mil of its budget. By the time its cinema run is over, It should've made around 35 to 50mil. Not a big sum, but enough to make Universal happy. Since they fucked up on the release date. Let me state that this is a cut version of the film, and the full DVD version should fix most issues people have with the film now.

I fully agree with you on that one,for maybe the upcoming unrated DVD will fully explain more about the characters and their main motivations(upon what they do throughout the film),as well as a little bit info about Fiddler's Green..
Inearthed

Post by Inearthed »

Wasn't really expecting much, but I enjoyed watching it. I will have to convince JDemon to Netflix it when it comes out on DVD.
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

This was totally my type of flick! I loved it. :chainsaw:
4 out of 5 losers agree, you're cool!