R.I.P Ossie Davis and Paul Partain

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Scott

R.I.P Ossie Davis and Paul Partain

Post by Scott »

According to Fangoria, Paul Partain, who played the wheelchair-bound Franklin of Texas Chainsaw Massacre died at 58 due to complications from cancer. Also, Ossie Davis, who most recently played the black JFK alongside Bruce Campbell in Bubba Ho-Tep, died in a hotel room at age 87.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Scott wrote:According to Fangoria, Paul Partain, who played the wheelchair-bound Franklin of Texas Chainsaw Massacre died at 58 due to complications from cancer. Also, Ossie Davis, who most recently played the black JFK alongside Bruce Campbell in Bubba Ho-Tep, died in a hotel room at age 87.
Yes, I read this on cnn.com this morning. Sad day... Ossie Davis was an amazing actor and activist. He apparently started a new movie on Monday.... he died in his hotel room. Shitty. :(
We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us. - Rabindranath Tagore
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Amen to both. And let's not forget John Vernon, either.

He's our Dean Wormer, true--but he also gave us horror roles in CURTAINS, BLUE MONKEY and KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE.

Bummer of a week.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
dr coathanger

Post by dr coathanger »

Wow! Actors die all the time and , with the exception of Jerry Orbach, I usually don't give a damn. But these two are near and dear to my heart as they are both in two of my all time favourite movies, respectively. Rest in peace fine fellows...
behindspace

Post by behindspace »

RIP Ossie...

you will be missed.
said the brady.
[email]basedonfear2@yahoo.com[/email]

-BREAKNECK-
[url]http://www.myspace.com/breakneckseattle[/url]