NEW VICTIM HERE

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
blacking factory

NEW VICTIM HERE

Post by blacking factory »

Whats up everybody...Im new here. Originally I'm from the bay area where I played metal and consumed copius amounts of alcohol and (%^$#%^&*), now i live in upper northern Cali near Mt. Shasta. Ive been a horror nut since I was 3 years old (Im 34 now and saw the EXORCIST when it was first released, I was about 6) My favorite directors are ARGENTO, BAVA, FULCI, some ROMERO, etc. Im a BIG fan of the nihilistic 70's horror (films like THE SENTINEL, BURNT OFFERINGS, THE DEVILS RAIN, of course THE EXORCIST, etc), Italian zombie epics, and 80's gore...I'm into mp3 and AVI trading (recent aquisitions include RES. EVIL...hold the comments, I know I know) and BLADE 2 (which I thought was fucking killer! Im soooo sick of the Anne Rice school of fag-pires)
Some of my favorite authors include DAVID SCHOW, old ROBERT McCAMMON (I'm re-reading his BLUE WORLD anthology right now along with UNDER THE FANG, the vampire anthology he edited which is BRUTAL)old BARKER, some BENTLEY LITTLE, CHARLES BUKOWSKI, etc. I just got a signed copy of ED LEE's THE BIG-HEAD which I've yet to read (the little I've browsed is pretty fucking perverse though)
Some of the shit I listen to is (older shit Image "Bonded By Blood" era EXODUS, early CRO-MAGS, "Gluey Porch" era MELVINS, early SOUNGARDEN, VENOM, "Morbid Tales" era CELTIC FROST, SLAYER (through "Reign In Blood"), CARCASS, "Kings Of Punk" era POISON IDEA, "Dealing With It" era DRI, NEUROSIS,etc. and (newer shit Image OPETH, ENTOMBED (the heavy shit, NOT the rock'n'roll crap) PIG DESTROYER (have you read those fucking lyrics!?!), the new ARCH ENEMY, BURNT BY THE SUN, AT THE GATES, and the list fucking goes on and on...I like DEAD CAN DANCE a lot too. Ummmm, lemme see...I dunno, thats about it for now. Just saying "BLAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!" to introduce myself to yer community. \m/
howlermonkee

Post by howlermonkee »

What's up man and how's it going? I believe the question on everyone's mind(if they indeed read your post that is) is how do you feel about the movie EVIL DEAD and it's sequels?

------------------
Idle hands are the devil's playground
David Austin

Post by David Austin »

Dear lord, you've already won a place in my Cool Book. Who else on this board digs Cro-Mags, Venom, AND Celtic Frost besides Chris and myself?

My one question for you is - What do you think of Cro-Mags ever since Harley and John Bloodclot royally dissed Parris Mayhew and went on tour under the Cro-Mags name without his consent?

"Revenge! Revenge is sweet! Don't tread on me!"

------------------
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
blacking factory

Originally posted by howlermonkee:
What's up man and how's it going? I believe the question on everyone's mind(if they indeed read your post that is) is how do you feel about the movie EVIL DEAD and it's sequels?

Back in 10th grade I barely went to school due 1)the shit carriculum they offered to a gifted student at Oakland Tech. where I went and the trouble I had being the only white kid in that school, and my underground metal lifestyle, longhair, and the fact that the finest black chick in school wanted to fuck me so bad she couldnt see straight (lotta fights man, but I refused to let it sour me and make me a racist dumb-fuck and...
2)I was FAR too busy watching EVIL DEAD 1 on a perpetual loop while listening to my homemade live bootlegs of EXODUS!!!! I fucking LOVE ED2 also, but ARMY OF DARKNESS? It had it's moments, but the end war scene fucking sucked. The zombies looked like Flynt's BBQ (a legendary Oakland BBQ pit)
blacking factory

Originally posted by David Austin:
Dear lord, you've already won a place in my Cool Book. Who else on this board digs Cro-Mags, Venom, AND Celtic Frost besides Chris and myself?

My one question for you is - What do you think of Cro-Mags ever since Harley and John Bloodclot royally dissed Parris Mayhew and went on tour under the Cro-Mags name without his consent?

"Revenge! Revenge is sweet! Don't tread on me!"

God where to start with this one...See after I quit school (when I decided to finish my education independantly. You know Im the only person I know whose read "Moby Dick" on my own volition?) I started a xerox fanzine. I ran up a 3,000 dollar phone bill interviewing bands from around the world including VENOM. Then I actually became a musician (living in the Oakland ghetto there wasn't much social life for me so I taught myself how to play guitar...then drums) and ended up joining a bay area thrash outfit called SACRILEGE BC. We pretty much played with EVERYBODY, CRO-MAGS included when they had just put out "Age Of Quarrel" (I like the demos for the record better btw, much like BAD BRAINS' (another all-time favorite!)"Banned in DC" tape is better than when they re-recorded all the same songs for the "Rock For Light" LP. And without Parris THEY WEREN'T SHIT. Ironically enough I beat John out of a gig singing for WARDANCE (it was basically Exodus w/me singing. A dream come true that turned into a nightmare...) Ever heard of GRINCH? That's a band I had w/Chris Kontos. He played drums after being in us on Machine Head's first album (we were a HUGE influence on them back then...I wore an MH shirt for Robb before there was even a band...just him and Adam and 3 songs) Me and Chris are on the first album "The Blacking Factory" Big w/other musicians, but we were signed out of Germany and had NO promotion in the States...sad really cuz we could have been seriously huge...imagine Soundgarden meets Sepultura.
Have you read "Are You Morbid?" the Celtic Frost bio that Tom G. Warrior wrote? It's cool up until (like the band itself) it gets to the "hair days" part...Man, I could fucking go on forever.
violentm

Post by violentm »

Welcome aboard blacking factory.

Cheers!
[i] [color=white] I wish the dead could come back to life you bastard cause then I could kill ya again.
[/i] [b] -- Let Sleeping Corpses Lie [/color] [/b]
beyond

Post by beyond »

Well,"BLAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!" to you too! Image

I would kill anybody for those bands back in the days. (Jealous like hell). Our shit in Sweden might be cool, but the Bay Area always felt like true paradise...
blacking factory

Originally posted by beyond:
Well,"BLAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!" to you too! Image

I would kill anybody for those bands back in the days. (Jealous like hell). Our shit in Sweden might be cool, but the Bay Area always felt like true paradise...
The bay area was only metal utopia for about 3 years, and that was in the mid-80's. There was a lot of posing even among the heavy bands (Testament and Exodus...Death Angel, etc...) Id fucking kill to be in Sweden right now...Have you seen all those bands? Opeth, At The Gates (when they were around), Carnal Forge, etc? Can you get your hands on live vids and other merchandise? That would be COOL.
David Austin

Post by David Austin »

blacking factory - Believe it or not, I have heard of both Wardance and Grinch. Chris Kontos tore it up on BURN MY EYES before MH turned into a shitty rap-metal band. Oh well, there's always my old VIO-LENCE CDs.

And I must agree, the Bay Area scene used to be totally fucking killer up until the early-90's. In my honest opinion, Slayer and Possessed were probably the best bands to come out of that scene. Too bad about all the bullshit that went on with Jeff...can you believe some of the lies that've been spewed about him?

Yesiree, bob...Parris WAS The Cro-Mags. Harley Flanagan is a doofus with the maturity of a 12 year-old. Even with that said, The `mags were great on the first demo and even on Age of Quarrel. "Survival Of The Streets" is my fuckin' anthem.

Yeah, I read the CF book. Tom's a cool guy, and the book reflects his personality quite well. You know what? I even kind of like COLD LAKE a bit. "Seduce Me Tonight" and "Roses Without Thorns" are cool songs.

------------------
blacking factory

You know Tom G.? What bands have you been in? Dude, Ive been trying to get you through e-mail (it says "not a member") and icq (not online I guess, still dont know how to use that shit) My icq# is 156401421 I'll leave it on when Im at my pc. Get ahold of me and help me figure this shit out!!!! Thanks dude...
T.Luster

Post by T.Luster »

I love VENOM and CELTIC FROST,David

Talk about two bands I *really* miss (sigh)

[This message has been edited by T.Luster (edited 04-06-2002).]
shawn

Post by shawn »

blacking factory!!!!!!!!!!
I grew up in Oakland, lived off of Golf Links by the old Hells Angels house... Ate at Flints BBQ all the time, got fucking mugged out in front of that place twice! But still kept going back for the best BBQ in Oakland. First few times I went in there the Brothers gave me the serious "whitey" plate until they got to know me and realized I was there to stay...Brings back some memories. I went to O-high for a year then Mom and Dad moved so I ended up at Skyline. I'm sure we've probably seen each other or know some of the same peeps...I moved out of that shit-hole in 88 and never looked back (only to visit my mom of course)... -shawn

[This message has been edited by shawn (edited 04-06-2002).]
Check out my MOVIE: Black Devi Doll

[url]http://www.blackdevildoll.com[/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/blackdevildolldvd[/url]
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Blacking Factory--

Great to have you aboard--I don't know much about music (unless you've heard of the Dismembered Wives), but we'd be all day and all night talking movies, no doubt. I'm in Northern California myself, but a bit further down (Marina in the Monterey Peninsula)--just a bit older than you, married with children, but thoroughly incapable of "outgrowing" the genre (some people will never understand).

Stick around!

------------------
"Nya-nya, nya-nya, nyahh-nyahh... I made you eat your parents!!!" --Cartman
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Welcome to the board man! I have your "Party With God" LP and the t-shirt from that tour. I think I saw you guys open for Cro-Mags and Destruction in Seattle a long time back Image

Terry - Celtic Frost will have a new album out someday. Tom Warrior posts on the celticfrost.com message board and is always answering questions from fans.

------------------
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

Mortado's Page of Filth

Gravemusic.com
shawn

Post by shawn »

chris, are you still at that Metal Fest or back? How was it? -shawn
Check out my MOVIE: Black Devi Doll

[url]http://www.blackdevildoll.com[/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/blackdevildolldvd[/url]
David Austin

Post by David Austin »

Luster - I just gained a newfound respect for you...Venom and Celtic Frost are two of the greatest heavy metal bands of all time. As much as I hate to say it, but "Resurrection" was a great comeback effort from the boys. Antton blows Abaddon away.

As for the Frost, I'm sure we'll be seeing a new album sometime in the future.

blacking factory - Contrary to popular belief, I'm not David Austin from Nasty Savage. It's all cool, bro...totally related to your Oakland stories. Atlanta sucks even worse.

------------------
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Originally posted by shawn:
chris, are you still at that Metal Fest or back? How was it? -shawn
Just got back (to my brothers house in MA) from the fest. It was fucking killer. I'll be back on Monday and have reviews and photos up some time on Tuesday.
blacking factory

hopefully this works... Image ...if it didn't it was supposed to be .gif from Bava's BLACK SUNDAY
T.Luster

Post by T.Luster »

For what it's worth,I saw the "Ultimate Revenge Tour" back in 86 at Chicago's Aragon Ballroom-(Slayer & Exodus,with Venom headlining). 90 minutes of live Venom was pure fucking heaven to me :-)

Sadly,Slayer & Exodus sounded like shit,but I'm pretty sure they got screwed by not having any sort of sound-check,before their sets. They were little more than a blur of sound.

Chris- I'm ready for new CF,bring it on!

blacking factory- Welcome to the board,I like the same directors you listed,and then some.
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Originally posted by T.Luster:
For what it's worth,I saw the "Ultimate Revenge Tour" back in 86 at Chicago's Aragon Ballroom-(Slayer & Exodus,with Venom headlining). 90 minutes of live Venom was pure fucking heaven to me :-)

Sadly,Slayer & Exodus sounded like shit,but I'm pretty sure they got screwed by not having any sort of sound-check,before their sets. They were little more than a blur of sound.

Chris- I'm ready for new CF,bring it on!

blacking factory- Welcome to the board,I like the same directors you listed,and then some.
You are one lucky fucker Terry, Venom never made it out to the northwest so I missed out Image I did see the Ultimate Revenge vid and it looked like a great show. I'm trying to talk my friend into signing CF for the new CD, if it happens there will be a promo for ya!

------------------

Mortado's Page of Filth

Gravemusic.com
blacking factory

Chris...who is your friend? What label does he run? I have a project that I will be shopping in about 6 months...It is me (duh) and some notable musicians. Actually I have 2 projects I will be shopping. The first is a DEAD CAN DANCE/BEATLES/SABBATH hybrid type thing really long on melody and song structure with KILLER vocals...the 2nd is an extremely blasphemous electronic project (I will bury most of these techno blackened Norwegian fucks with this. I have a couple of VERY well know experimental artists involved in this, and an unknown house DJ.)
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Originally posted by blacking factory:
Chris...who is your friend? What label does he run? I have a project that I will be shopping in about 6 months...It is me (duh) and some notable musicians. Actually I have 2 projects I will be shopping. The first is a DEAD CAN DANCE/BEATLES/SABBATH hybrid type thing really long on melody and song structure with KILLER vocals...the 2nd is an extremely blasphemous electronic project (I will bury most of these techno blackened Norwegian fucks with this. I have a couple of VERY well know experimental artists involved in this, and an unknown house DJ.)
His name is Odin Thompson. He owns Moribund Records and is the president of Napalm Records USA. I have e-mailed you his address if you wish to contact him for info on shopping your projects to the labels.

------------------

Mortado's Page of Filth

Gravemusic.com
beyond

Post by beyond »

Blacking: "Can you get your hands on live vids and other merchandise?"

Not anymore Image

All the cool people i used to hang out with, have families, debts and a lot less hair these days Image

But yeah, i've seen a lot of the really good swedish acts but you know how it is... The grass is always greener on the other side, and i always wanted to see more of the norwegian shit!!! Emperor is dead Image Burzum will never be Image Immortal calmed down Image Darkthrone never do gigs Image Mayhem are not what they used to be Image

And then all those new acts, it just isn't the same anymore... I'd probably enjoy some Astral Projection-rave more... Damn, i must be a sorry sight these days. Hehe.
beyond

Post by beyond »

"Contrary to popular belief, I'm not David Austin from Nasty Savage"

Aaah.. I have totally forgotten about those dudes. I saw them in London years ago (they played with Exumer and Atomkraft),i made a really bad-timed stagedive and couldn't walk properly for about two weeks. I even have some photos from that gig with me flying around. Image

XXX!! Triple-X!!

*got to dig up some way old vinyl again*
blacking factory

My god...Atomkraft...now there is a name I havent heard in literally YEARS...Venom style (in sound anyways) thrash...had their demo back in the day...Im going to audio galaxy RIGHT NOW

------------------
THE GRAVEYARDS SHALL BE THEIR CATHEDRALS...AND THE CITIES YOUR TOMBS - Dario Argento