Amittyville Horror 2-The Possession

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
AllocesThroat

Amittyville Horror 2-The Possession

Post by AllocesThroat »

I have a vhs copy of this one, the actual 'first' story, which was indeed true. I think it's better then the new other ones, but, the question of demonic possession I still have doubts about:

In real life, Ronald Defeo JR ( Sonny Montelli in the movie) shot up heroin all the time, and that can drive someone insane. He did kill his family, and the spirits of murdered people are beleived to remain where they were killed. It was a very unhappy household of course, which was also true, and in the movie it displays frightenings before the death of the family. I also recall I beleive that Defeo Jr. did infact commit an act of incest with his sister(Dawn) in reality as well. And for people who beleive in the paranormal, demons are thought to be spawned from the sperm of incestous fornication. What's your take?
the one and only, fuckedthroat
steven_millan

Post by steven_millan »

It's been a while since I've seen this film,but your recapping of it has me now fully remembering it,for even though the demon scene(complete with a really cool looking exploding demon head)at the climax weren't part of DeFeo's real-life tragedy,the film(along with the recent redux)is a million time better than all of the God-awful sequels that followed after it(which I have lost count of).