The Devil's Rejects

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one. Personally, I loved the first so, I'm sure this one should be gratifying in one way or another....I'm also a huge death metal fan so, I'm used to liking stuff that 95% of the genral population despise. :metalhead
4 out of 5 losers agree, you're cool!
PECKER{*x*}WOOD

Post by PECKER{*x*}WOOD »

U can read an interview with Rob Zombie at Sex Gore Mutants The interview answers my main problem with the film, which I don't think is a good answer.

Here is that answer:

SGM: There's no reasoning for the homicidal behaviour of the Firefly family. Were you ever worried that the characters would be too much for the audience, or did you just roll with it and see where the characters took you?

ROB: I pretty much just rolled with it! The nature of this kind of movie is that if you don't like that kind of stuff you're not going to watch it, so you've already taken out that segment of the population. Also, I was looking back to the films that I love that have despicable characters like 'Henry - Portrait of a Serial Killer'. They are despicable characters but they don't try and explain away everything about why they are like that. I like the mystery, so with 'Rejects', the movie isn't about the Fireflys in the sense of why did this happen, how could this happen, why are these people like they are? You just kind of drop in and spend a day in the life of these crazy people. It's more interesting to me without an explanation. I mean we've all read about serial killers, we can fill in the blanks.
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

Why do people always seem to need/expect an explanation for characters with bad behavior? If that's the case then, why dont those people need an explanation of why a person is nice/good/polite? Is it because those people have their own idea of what they consider "normal" so no explanation is needed for characters like that? To a serial killer, killing can seem normal. To a Christian, fearing God and his wrath is normal. Neither of those are normal to me but, if I see a movie with a religious figure, I dont expect them to explain why that person is religious.

It's fine if people want/need that explanation but, usually it's not a necessity for me. :cheers:
DrownJay

Post by DrownJay »

If anyone cares this comes out on November 8 on DVD. Uncut.
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

Hell yeah!! It will also contain a second disc with a 2 1/2 hour documentary on the making of. :metalhead