Saw II

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Angelica

Saw II

Post by Angelica »

Anyone else excited about this or am I alone on this one??

Reviews are saying that it's better than the first... and more gruesome!:cheers:
[color="Indigo"][b]NEFARIOUS PRODUCTIONS[/b][/color]

[size=75][color="DarkSlateBlue"]"The lions are out of their cages, and you may well find that they'll eat the mouthy Christians first." - S.K.[/color][/size]

[font="Century Gothic"][b][color="Purple"]Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire[/color][/b][/font]
MuC

Post by MuC »

i havent heard anything about this...but i enjoyed the first one...so ill prolly go see it...
[url=http://www.myspace.com/dissonance]dissonance[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/pillbrigade]pill brigade[/url]

ABORTION KILLS!!!! isnt that the point?...i love [url=http://www.bountyhunterinc.com/]bounty hunter[/url]

...with glowing pride I'll wear my scars...I'm honored by your hatred...

M-u-C...see you real soon...
King TXL AKA The Juice

Post by King TXL AKA The Juice »

first one was shit. ending sucked ass
[align=center][img]http://i1.tinypic.com/81taq1c.gif[/img][/align]
Angelica

Post by Angelica »

It was a thinker though! It reminded me of Seven.. regardless of how you felt during the movie, you couldn't help thinking and talking about it.

[size=75][color="DarkSlateBlue"]"The lions are out of their cages, and you may well find that they'll eat the mouthy Christians first." - S.K.[/color][/size]

[font="Century Gothic"][b][color="Purple"]Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire[/color][/b][/font]
MistressSpin

Post by MistressSpin »

I'm going to see it tomorrow nite! :metalhead I liked the first one....I contemplated the ending at the beginning of the movie but ended up dismissing the possibility...I love it when that happens! It is definitely a thinker!:metalhead
Law of Probability:
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

[url=http://www.rockmymonkey.com/botb/?id=83]Vote for Ground Zero on RockMyMonkey![/url]
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

The cast sucks and it was rushed into production after the first one raked in a sizable profit. I thought the first Saw was decent but nothing to write home about. Interesting concept but the acting was so completely godawful.

I'm not expecting much from this one but I'll probably hit it up on DVD.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Angelica

Post by Angelica »

Yea, I don't think I have ever seen Carey Elwes do so terribly. I couldn't really tell though if it was his acting or the pathetic character.

The premise was good and it was entertaining, that's about all ask out of most mainstream horror movies.

Rich

One of the best mainstream horror/thrillers to come out last year!

Post by Rich »

I liked this film, it has this dreary fucking grimey edge to it, a real downer and the ending knocked me off my rocker. I could name so many parts in it that I love including "the hooker jaw-clamp", "tip-toe through the barb-wire" and the nifty "many rigged shotguns waiting to blast one unfortunate fucker." I'm actually psyched about the second one but I gotta agree, who's in it? Not one recognizable face. Then again, isn't underground horror (underground hollywood?) about being unknown or having no-name actors in your films. If its a sequel anything like Final Destination 2, I'll be happy enough, I'm not picky, gimmie the splatter, gimmie, gimmie, gimmie. On a final note (quote?) from the movie: "Oh yes, there will be blood."
Angelica

Post by Angelica »

Hey! Marky Mark is somebody!

:llama:

Angelica

Post by Angelica »

Wait, my bad.

It's Donnie Wahlberg who is in Saw II

Rich

Post by Rich »

That's cool, he was great in Band Of Brothers.
Pnub
Forum Newbie

Post by Pnub »

I just saw the flick it was pretty damn good, real twist ending. and you find out what happened to adam sometime in the movie
You cant Spell Slaughter without Laughter
BILE

Post by BILE »

Seen it on friday when it came into theaters.I LOVED IT!
[img]http://www.metalunderground.com/images/bandlogos/Strapping_Young_Lad_logo.jpg[/img][img]http://forumsextreme.com/imgs1/aFu_PenguinWack.gif[/img][img]http://forumsextreme.com/imgs1/aHa_MC-Dance.gif[/img]
Angelica

Post by Angelica »

:cheers: Good to hear.

One way or another I am seeing this tomorrow.

Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I thought Saw 2 was way more mean spirited than the first one, I really enjoyed it a lot!
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
Angelica

Post by Angelica »

Chris Slack wrote:I thought Saw 2 was way more mean spirited than the first one, I really enjoyed it a lot!

DITTO!! I dug it!! I am starting to wonder if reviewers even watch the movies they talk about...there were a bunch of gruesome scenes that I had read about that weren't actaully in the movie. Maybe they just got to watch a special version.

Rich

Not bad at all

Post by Rich »

I thought this one was pretty good, not as good as the original for me though. Yeah, it was mean spirited but plotwise I personally thought it was thin and a bit predictable. spoilers warning ahead

I mean come on, you know the junkie bitch is going to have something to do with jigsaw if he's puttin her through the game again and you have to realize that all the chumps locked in the house are related, my wife figured out way before it happened that they were all put away by Mr. New Kid On The Block. The grue was very nice: the baseball nail bat, the crazy fucker cutting the number off the back of his neck, swimming in the syringe pool, handgun booby trap etc but I wouldn't say its better than the original by any means. Although I would recommend it, it is an entertaining and twisted flick. I did like how they ended up in the room where most of the first film took place, this was very cool but I didn't like the ending. I wonder when Saw 3 is coming out.
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Oh, heck yeah!

I don't know if anybody agreed with me when I handed the first SAW my cup for 2004, but I was quite interested in seeing what they could possibly do for a sequel.

And I thought it was as good a sequel as they could have done--covered the bases nicely and had one hell of a fine selection of sadistic set-pieces.

I found the San Francisco Chronicle review (not Mick LaSalle this time) intriguing--they liked the movie, but when it came to the ending, it was "Let's see if we can possibly come up with an ending worse than the one in THE VILLAGE."

Can't agree at all. I found it simultaneously predictable--and believable. How the hell could you NOT be mentally affected by an experience like that?

The syringes, the glass "razor" box, the furnace--you want to make me cringe? You got it. And the film fit beautifully with the first one against all odds.

Now, I don't see myself giving it top honors for the year--it's a sequel that follows the pattern, after all. But I still enthusiastically recommend it. But I do have one question...

...okay, the numbers are in the back of your mind. But the order in which to place them is "over the rainbow?" If THAT was ever explained, then I darn well missed it. Anybody?
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Destructhor

Post by Destructhor »

Enjoyable movie. Definitely orchestrated some things throughout the movie to make people cringe.

Spoilers ahead...

I really was wondering what was going to happen to the chick that had her arms in that razor/sharp blades box... I was hoping that they were going to like have her start coughing up a lot of blood, then like her legs go out and then her hands get cut off or whatever. This movie the characters seemed a lot more desperate and crazy. I enjoyed the ending.
Irrylath

Post by Irrylath »

ehhhh....I think it could have been better, though I did cringe a bit...um, okay, a lot. Overall, I wish I had waited for video....dvd...whatever.

Remo D wrote: ...okay, the numbers are in the back of your mind. But the order in which to place them is "over the rainbow?" If THAT was ever explained, then I darn well missed it. Anybody?
Nope, I couldn't figure that out either. Anybody else?
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats.
- - - Albert Schweitzer

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/irrylath76/mordor.jpg[/img]
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Irrylath wrote:ehhhh....I think it could have been better, though I did cringe a bit...um, okay, a lot. Overall, I wish I had waited for video....dvd...whatever.

Nope, I couldn't figure that out either. Anybody else?
Well, here we go. Alt.horror came up with an excellent answer. Honestly, I missed this part if it were spelled out in the movie, but the answer to the "over the rainbow" question?

> If that clue was ever explained, I missed that part. Anybody?
>

Spoiler

The colors of the rainbow spectrum. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue,
Indigo, Violet.

Works for me!
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Irrylath

Post by Irrylath »

ahhhhh...I did notice that, but damn that was small. thanks! :)
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats.
- - - Albert Schweitzer

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/irrylath76/mordor.jpg[/img]