Blue Underground's Franco discs...must haves!

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Darth Tanner

Blue Underground's Franco discs...must haves!

Post by Darth Tanner »

I bagged Blue Underground's recent DVD releases of Jess Franco's JUSTINE and EUGENIE and just finished watching them. Let me say that I was highly impressed with these releases and recommend them. JUSTINE has 30 minutes inserted back into the film to bring the total running time to just over two hours. While the new footage somewhat slows the film in some spots, fans will probably enjoy seeing it for the first time (and I still rate it as one of Franco's better films). The transfer is also visually stunning and puts the old Monterey video release to shame. EUGENIE has never been released on video before, but it also looks gorgeous. Both movies are in anamorphic widescreen format (JUSTINE is 1.85:1 while EUGENIE is 2.35:1). The only extras are trailers and some short interviews that are surprisingly informative and entertaining (Christopher Lee's comments on EUGENIE are worth the price of the disc alone). There are also some extensive liner notes by Tim Lucas on both releases (although some of it repeats what is in the documentaries).

Hats off to Blue Underground for doing an amazing job on these releases which are must-haves for Franco fans. I look forward to some of their future releases (particularly SALON KITTY).
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]