Slumber Party Massacre

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Scott

Slumber Party Massacre

Post by Scott »

I always liked this one. Just picked up the DVD the other day. The pizza delivery scene is absolutely hilarious. The killer with the drill has the look of a homicidal maniac. Hell, in the first fifteen minutes you get a lengthy shower scene and the first girl (Brinke Stevens) who falls victim to the drill. My only complaints about the DVD were that the character bios didn't include any of the main stars. Strangely enough, it included Roger Corman who did nothing more than give director Amy Jones the greenlight and job. Also of note, the film's working titles were Sleepless Nights and Don't Open the Door before it became SPM. I wonder if Corman was maybe looking to cash in like Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
David Austin

Post by David Austin »

"What's the damage?"
"Six....so far."

Oh man, what a classic! I absolutely love this movie. I mean it, just a great big smorgasbord of fun. Yeah, the DVD's a bit lacking...but what do you expect for 10 bucks? At the very least, the transfer was really very good (and letterboxed, to boot).

What the hell, that shower scene is the best shower scene in film history, followed closely by SORORITY BABES IN THE SLIMEBALL BOWL-A-RAMA (Michelle Bauer rules..come back, Pia Snow!) and VIGILANTE.

------------------
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."