Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas now rated AO

This forum is for discussion of console and PC games.

Moderator: Chris Slack

User avatar
Morbid
Posts: 6025
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Contact:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas now rated AO

Post by Morbid » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:27 am

I know it's old news, but it hasn't been posted here yet.

"Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has been given the rating of AO (Adults Only) do to content found by a "hacking" cheat which unlocks a sex scene which is fully playable called 'Hot Coffee'."

So, apparently killing everyone, doing drug deals, 'pimping hoes', beating up policemen with dildos, ETC was just fine in the game, but then the media see's a sex scene (which is said to be the lamest thing ever) they go crazy and ban this game from anyone under the age of 18 to play it. I think it's BS, and some people need to check their shit before going around and banning things.

-John-
[color="Red"]Twitter... because texting whilst driving [i]isn't[/i] dangerous enough...[/color]
"Almost ran over a bicyclist because he didn't stop at the stop sign, idiot."
"Oops, ran over a bicyclist while writing that last twit."

Me on Myspace - [url]http://www.myspace.com/johndevosofficial[/url]
Me on YouTube - [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/johnthedrummer88[/url]


User avatar
MetalGoddess
Posts: 6778
Joined: Thu May 23, 2002 12:00 pm
Location: Everott, WA, USA
Contact:

Post by MetalGoddess » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:57 am

Yep. Hubby bitched me out for buying this game for my son, after he heard about the secret codes fro a buddy at work. I had no idea. I thought it was just a driving game.

User avatar
Oof
Posts: 11355
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:00 pm
Location: Everott WA
Contact:

Post by Oof » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:13 am

So...ummm....What is this hack you speak of? Prolly just for the XBox huh?

User avatar
Morbid
Posts: 6025
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Contact:

Post by Morbid » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:13 am

MetalGoddess: You need to have some seperate thing to unlock it (Gameshark or Action Replay). If you're son has either of those, then it is available to be unlocked, otherwise it's impossible.

Oof: It's actually for every version of the game. I used the word hack because that's what all the other articles were calling it, which is how the code was found. For X-Box and PS2 you can unlock it with a Gameshark or Action Replay, for the PC you can get it by downloading it off of the internet.

Just go to Google.com and type in "Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Hot Coffee" and you will get A LOT of sites about it.
[color="Red"]Twitter... because texting whilst driving [i]isn't[/i] dangerous enough...[/color]
"Almost ran over a bicyclist because he didn't stop at the stop sign, idiot."
"Oops, ran over a bicyclist while writing that last twit."

Me on Myspace - [url]http://www.myspace.com/johndevosofficial[/url]
Me on YouTube - [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/johnthedrummer88[/url]

User avatar
Lode
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:36 pm
Location: Lake Cit-ay

Post by Lode » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:38 pm

Not to mention you can pick up hookers and have lame ass sex with them without a "cheat code." And then you can shoot them in the face and get all your money back.

The game is just straight-up cold, and that's a fact.

BUT I think if people teach their children values, they'll know it's just a game and be able to play it with maturity. Once again "they" are blaming some form of media, instead of parents, for kids being all fucked up.

Anyway, just my opinion.


User avatar
Jef
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:44 pm
Location: hellympia
Contact:

Post by Jef » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:54 pm

this game was never meant for 'children'.

anyone who is a parent and buys this or any other game for kids under 18,and doesnt bother to see whats actually IN the game,has no one but themselves to blame when they suddenly realize the game has mature content.

it should have been rated AO from the begining,its not a game for kids.
[quote="Adremelech"]You should do movies instead, Ryan. You could call yourself Alfred Shitcock.[/quote]
[quote="Evil Red"]
[size=167]THE FUCKING FURY !!!!!!!!! [/size][/quote]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/kingjr777[/url]
[url]http://www.jefbear.com[/url]
[url=http://www.cdbaby.com/jefbear]My CD[/url]

User avatar
MetalGoddess
Posts: 6778
Joined: Thu May 23, 2002 12:00 pm
Location: Everott, WA, USA
Contact:

Post by MetalGoddess » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:14 pm

Jef wrote:this game was never meant for 'children'.

anyone who is a parent and buys this or any other game for kids under 18,and doesnt bother to see whats actually IN the game,has no one but themselves to blame when they suddenly realize the game has mature content.

it should have been rated AO from the begining,its not a game for kids.


Yeah, good thing hubby was paying attention. I had no idea such a game was out there because I don't play video games. I play bass. :D :metal:

I'll definitely watch look into what we buy him more closely from now on.

User avatar
skipp666
Posts: 7766
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 6:28 am
Location: In my pants
Contact:

Post by skipp666 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:43 pm

:metal: :metal: :metal:

Jef wrote:this game was never meant for 'children'.

anyone who is a parent and buys this or any other game for kids under 18,and doesnt bother to see whats actually IN the game,has no one but themselves to blame when they suddenly realize the game has mature content.

it should have been rated AO from the begining,its not a game for kids.
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/th842b005b.gif[/img][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/ticket.jpg[/img][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/28025.gif[/img]


Originally Posted by Shitcock Jr
Skipp and the Spice 5[the first pressing of "Douche, the cleaner of the beast" gets my fist in the air everytime!!!].

WWMKD?

[SIZE="1"]"Fatwa has been declared on my ass by the Joanothin. AKA Hippie Gnome."
- Skipp666 (Oct. 5th, 2007)[/SIZE]

RIP Mr. Reed :whine:

User avatar
Jef
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:44 pm
Location: hellympia
Contact:

Post by Jef » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:43 pm

I wasnt making a statement directed at you MG,hope you dont think thats what I was doin' ;)
I was more venting about all these people I see on the news ranting and raving about what an awful game little johhny is playing,and how violent it is etc etc,...when if they actually looked at the box when buying it,or were actually in the room when kids play it,they would have known...

dang ol' lemmings
[quote="Adremelech"]You should do movies instead, Ryan. You could call yourself Alfred Shitcock.[/quote]
[quote="Evil Red"]
[size=167]THE FUCKING FURY !!!!!!!!! [/size][/quote]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/kingjr777[/url]
[url]http://www.jefbear.com[/url]
[url=http://www.cdbaby.com/jefbear]My CD[/url]

User avatar
Chris Slack
Posts: 5498
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 1999 12:00 pm
Location: Everett WA USA
Contact:

Post by Chris Slack » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:55 pm

In all truthfulness you have to have a modded Xbox to use this mod. PC and PS2 is another story though.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

User avatar
skipp666
Posts: 7766
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 6:28 am
Location: In my pants
Contact:

Post by skipp666 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:12 pm

Someone told me if you put the mod in the xbox it kills the ability to play online. Is that true?

Chris Slack wrote:In all truthfulness you have to have a modded Xbox to use this mod. PC and PS2 is another story though.
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/th842b005b.gif[/img][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/ticket.jpg[/img][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/28025.gif[/img]


Originally Posted by Shitcock Jr
Skipp and the Spice 5[the first pressing of "Douche, the cleaner of the beast" gets my fist in the air everytime!!!].

WWMKD?

[SIZE="1"]"Fatwa has been declared on my ass by the Joanothin. AKA Hippie Gnome."
- Skipp666 (Oct. 5th, 2007)[/SIZE]

RIP Mr. Reed :whine:

User avatar
Jef
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:44 pm
Location: hellympia
Contact:

Post by Jef » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:22 pm

skipp666 wrote:Someone told me if you put the mod in the xbox it kills the ability to play online. Is that true?


a modded xbox doesnt 'kill' ones ability to play on xbox live,...but a modded xbox is a 'cheat' as far as they are concerned,and if detected (which apparently they have a way of finding modded boxes) your xbox live account will be deleted.
now specificly to san andreas,..I dont know.
but people have been using modded games in halo to cheat and have an unfair advantage,even though the xbox itself hasnt been modified,and they are also getting their account deleted.
I would use caution.
[quote="Adremelech"]You should do movies instead, Ryan. You could call yourself Alfred Shitcock.[/quote]
[quote="Evil Red"]
[size=167]THE FUCKING FURY !!!!!!!!! [/size][/quote]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/kingjr777[/url]
[url]http://www.jefbear.com[/url]
[url=http://www.cdbaby.com/jefbear]My CD[/url]

User avatar
AchimbaProphet
Posts: 4184
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: Wherever I am

Post by AchimbaProphet » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:48 pm

If you have any kind of mod (softmod, chip, external device) and you touch the XBOX Live! service they will find you and permanently ban you from playing on the XBOX Live! service. Basically, if you have a modded XBOX then enjoy it yourself or via System Link with friends.

Regarding San Andreas Jef nailed it on the head. It was never marked as a childrens game. However, in my mind the difference between a Mature (17+) and Adults Only (18+) is negligible. Why have this tiny differentiation? Just get rid of Mature and call things what they are (Adults Only).

This recent controversy is not an issue with the media objecting to the sexual content or that some people want to ban shit. The issue is that the makers of the game were misleading about the content of their game so that they could get a lower rating. An Adults Only rating would have meant that many top retailers would not have stocked the game and this may have limited the sales of the game. Basically Rockstar Games lied and now have been caught.
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill

User avatar
Morbid
Posts: 6025
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Contact:

Post by Morbid » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:50 pm

Actually here is what happened...
They had the content in the game to start with, but had to take out the code that linked it into the in game action because it would get an AO rating. They did not take the content out completely because they didn't plan on anyone cracking the code to get this heavily hidden content.

In my opinion, they should just combine Mature and Adults Only ratings and make it Mature Only (cheesy, I know), but this way these games could still be on store shelves, but with a more intense rating. As well, the store clerks should clarify what the in game content is that makes the game the rating of what would be MO to the parents of the people under the age of 18.

Just my two cents.
[color="Red"]Twitter... because texting whilst driving [i]isn't[/i] dangerous enough...[/color]
"Almost ran over a bicyclist because he didn't stop at the stop sign, idiot."
"Oops, ran over a bicyclist while writing that last twit."

Me on Myspace - [url]http://www.myspace.com/johndevosofficial[/url]
Me on YouTube - [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/johnthedrummer88[/url]

User avatar
ZXRO
Posts: 1962
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:33 pm
Location: Seattle

Ugh...

Post by ZXRO » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:56 pm

I don't see what the big motherfucking deal is. The difference between the M rating and the AO rating is ONE WHOLE YEAR. Woo. BFD!!!
[color=DarkRed][i]"Oh James, I am getting away with murder and you're just jealous" -Michael Alig[/i][/color]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/ZxRO+MBM][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/recessed/plate/ZxRO+MBM.png[/img][/url]

User avatar
Lode
Posts: 1183
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:36 pm
Location: Lake Cit-ay

Post by Lode » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:01 am

When I said "children" above, I didn't mean like little kids.
To people who have had a child, the child will always be that person's "child" no matter how old they are. ;)
Anyway, what I was saying is that if people with offspring teach their offspring values, then their offspring at the age of 16 or so should be able to play this game without warping their fragile little minds. It's my opinion that I'd rather have teens playing the game and getting a kick out of it, than actually being out there having sex and being in gangs and shooting people and taking their money. At least they can have a laugh in safety of their own livingroom. It's supposed to be all in good fun, right?
I also don't see the sense in the difference between playing it at 17 or at 18, but they have to set the official age limit somewhere. :rolleyes:
It's actually a really good game as far as game play, graphics and the sheer size of the map. I love playing it, and it doesn't make me want to go out and kill people or whatever.
[/babble]

User avatar
Morbid
Posts: 6025
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:30 pm
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Contact:

Post by Morbid » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:02 pm

Lode wrote:
It's actually a really good game as far as game play, graphics and the sheer size of the map. I love playing it, and it doesn't make me want to go out and kill people or whatever.
[/babble]

Word! This game should make people NOT want to kill people since they are taking all their anger out in the game... go figure.
[color="Red"]Twitter... because texting whilst driving [i]isn't[/i] dangerous enough...[/color]
"Almost ran over a bicyclist because he didn't stop at the stop sign, idiot."
"Oops, ran over a bicyclist while writing that last twit."

Me on Myspace - [url]http://www.myspace.com/johndevosofficial[/url]
Me on YouTube - [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/johnthedrummer88[/url]

User avatar
gothbat
Member
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 1999 10:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by gothbat » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:46 am

Banned in Australia lol, crazy Aussies. On the same page they also talk about someone trying to sue them because of that scene, imo they don't have a leg to stand on.
/\../\

"Come on, let's pay our fuckin' respects!" - Suicide (Return of the Living Dead)

User avatar
Freak Bassman
Posts: 442
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:45 pm
Location: Tacoma WA
Contact:

Post by Freak Bassman » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:14 pm

if I can chime in with my .04, which means nothing, I don't think Rockstar Games did anything wrong, if anyone did something wrong it was the rating board, and who in the hell buys a game that's rated M (with knowledge it's rated M) for a child? I don't think we should blame anyone but the parents, grandparents, aunt and uncles, or whoever who bought it. I mean, this is a strech, but if you bought a Playboy for a 14 year old kid, do you sue Playboy for having content like that? No. I haven't seen the scene, shit I haven't ever even played the game, but from what I hear it's nothing that you wouldn't see in any R rated movie, which is like an M rating in video games. So killing cops, drug dealing, and stealing cars is just fine, but gawdforbid you show simulated sex. This is why I stick with games like Manhunt, The Suffering and the WWE wrestling games
"Drunkenstein" :skull:

"You've brought me into this dark, dismal, blackened place...... you awful me" - Michale Graves

"I am what you say I am, and I'm nothing to you" - Chris Cavoretto

[url]http://www.myspace.com/freakbassman[/url]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/thefreaksshow[/url]

User avatar
Drew
Posts: 1851
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: South of Hell! (I mean Everott)

Post by Drew » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:06 pm

Chris Slack wrote:In all truthfulness you have to have a modded Xbox to use this mod. PC and PS2 is another story though.


Not true, all you need is an Action Replay to load the Save File - sweeeeet!

User avatar
Destructhor
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:10 am

Post by Destructhor » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:38 pm

It was rated Mature, most stores do not sell "mature" games to people under the age of 17. If their parents are buying it then they are consenting to it.

I think its funny that people do not really care about the violence but because there is a sex scene everyone flips out. Hell, you can literally kill thousands of people in the game but because you see some pixel boobs or whatever people shit a brick. It shows how uptight as a society we are when it comes to sex.

I am surprised God Of War did not get the same backlash, I heard some really, really bad things about that game.

User avatar
BILE
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Blaine, MN

Post by BILE » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:05 pm

Well,at least you can still buy the original M rating online but an AO rating is going way the fuck overboard with this shit.

User avatar
Chris Slack
Posts: 5498
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 1999 12:00 pm
Location: Everett WA USA
Contact:

Post by Chris Slack » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:44 pm

Drew wrote:Not true, all you need is an Action Replay to load the Save File - sweeeeet!


I've looked like crazy and can't find this save file anywhere, I can only find files to replace existing game files with which would require having the game on the Xbox hard drive...
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

User avatar
Drew
Posts: 1851
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: South of Hell! (I mean Everott)

Post by Drew » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:49 pm

I got the save file (still need to get me some hot coffee) but they got some kinda Action Replay encoding so I'm not sure what they'll do to a modded HD XB.

Want it?

Lemme know what that does, I see 7 more listed in the community saves section of my Action Replay. (one says GTA:SA Hot Coffee if GF dead) ;)

.

User avatar
Demolition Hammer
Posts: 6189
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2001 10:00 pm
Location: The American Gardens building on West 81st St.
Contact:

Post by Demolition Hammer » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:34 pm

[quote="Drew"] (one says GTA:SA Hot Coffee if GF dead) ]
That's the one I'd need since I blew the bitch's head off with both barrels of my shotgun. :D
I have to return some videotapes.

Fallen Angels new CD "Rise From Ashes" available now from [url=http://www.metal-on-metal.com]Metal On Metal Records,[/url]. Visit our Myspace page [url=http://www.myspace.com/fallenangelsthrash]here[/url] for samples.

[url=http://www.tulalipchampionshipwrestling.com]TCW - Tulalip Championship Wrestling[/url]


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest