Not sure I can do this anymore...

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Remo D

Not sure I can do this anymore...

Post by Remo D »

It's one thing for BLOODRAYNE to blow in and out of theatres before I could catch it (and I've already served my Uwe Boll big-screen sentence twice, thanks).

And it's another for UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTION to open and for me to not care ONE LITTLE BIT. First one bored me to tears with vampires and werewolves shooting each other MATRIX-style instead of tearing into one another with fangs and claws. Why do I want to go see another one? Years ago, I could actually have answered that (when it was "WHY did you even bother going to see I STILL KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER?"). Now, I can't convince myself that there's a legitimate reason anymore.

Something tells me that I'll find it perfectly acceptable to wait for the DVDs on some of the 2006 horror releases--that is, if I even want to go on as a "completist."

Hope you don't think TOO much less of me as a result. But I don't think any of you were TRULY waiting for me to weigh in on either of those before you made up your own minds...

Remo D.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

Honestly, I think I would have thought less of you if you DID go see U:E. So don't worry. :) There's certainly got to be better stuff to spend your hard earned cash on. Which reminds me, I hear Cache is supposed to be real good so I may try to check that out tomorrow.
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Rain de Leon

Post by Rain de Leon »

-----
Inearthed

Post by Inearthed »

My biggest gripe with Underworld (and the second one as well) is that it was basically Matrix with some people that drink blood and have fangs and people that turn into wolf creatures. I find it hard to believe that in some scenes they're super strong or super fast and then in another scene they go down in one punch.

Although, Underworld Evolution had a lot of previews... Silent Hill, Ultraviolet (ha!), Stay Alive, and some flick based on that story with chick babysitting some kids and getting pranked by some weird guy and she finds out that he's actually inside her house (hahaha!)
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

There, there Remo. You did your best and for your efforts, I commend you.

I must say, it was nice having an opinion with a consistant and articulate voice on just about every genre product that sees wide theatrical distribution - especially when I dare not venture into the unknown myself.

But I'll gladly forgo that luxury if it eases your suffering. Hopefully it means you'll be able to further explore the wider world of cinema and find it a much more lucrative pursuit.

Go. Be free.