Thoughts on a few flicks

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

gsfnw

Thoughts on a few flicks

Post by gsfnw »

So, I spent quite a bit of time on my ass watching movies on Sunday, and here are some thoughtss on what I viewed.

House Of Wax - My wife for whatever reason loves Paris Hilton so I was forced to watch this movie. It absolutely sucked. I cannot say one positive thing about this movie. There was not even a nude scene. Do not see this movie. Oh, a bunch of stranded teenagers get killed by a maniac who turns them into wax figures. Crap.

The New Amityville Horror (forgive the spelling) - This movie sucked. I cannot recall having seen the original so I had an open mind, but it was crap. It was kind of like "Stir of The Shining", because it was like watching a morphed version of Stir Of Echoes and the Shining. Blah.

The Manson Family - Holy fuck, this movie ruled. It was brutal as all hell! The movie was made between 1988 and 1996, and the director did a great job of filming the "family" scenes in a way that screamed 1968. Other than the presence of far too much wang, this movie was great. It tells the story of Charlie's family as opposed to Manson, while entertaining the thought of modern followers. It was really trippy and well worth seeting. I rented this from Atomic Video in Seatac, which always has a bunch of films that Blockbuster and Hollywood Video do not carry.

The extra's tell the story of the film which is pretty fascinating seeing how the movie began filming in 1988 and didn't wrap up until just recently.

Oh yeah, Phil Anselmo contributes to the soundtrack and also appears as the voice of satan.
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Ehhh on the others but I like The Manson Family a lot despite seeing work in progress versions for years leaqding up to the DVD release :)
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
gsfnw

Post by gsfnw »

Chris Slack wrote:Ehhh on the others but I like The Manson Family a lot despite seeing work in progress versions for years leaqding up to the DVD release :)
Oh, I didn't know they had released other versions. Are they avaiable on dvd as well?
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

gsfnw wrote:Oh, I didn't know they had released other versions. Are they avaiable on dvd as well?
No, they were just bootlegs I had acquired over many years of tape trading.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
gsfnw

Post by gsfnw »

Chris Slack wrote:No, they were just bootlegs I had acquired over many years of tape trading.
Bummer. Oh well, at least there's the newest version.
chemical boy

Post by chemical boy »

I was wandering through the video store yesterday and I spotted a film called Manson Family Home movies, I am not sure if it's the same deal but it looks could sort of Blair Witch style without the suckieness!
And I totally agree on house of Wax the kills were to fast and not detailed enough and you hardly see Vincient anyway I mean only one guy gets a wax treatment everyone else just gets butchered not that I am complaining about that...but there was very little wax in house of wax if you ask me.
C.B.
chemical boy

Post by chemical boy »

sorry I meant to say cool