Is it better to?

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

chemical boy

Is it better to?

Post by chemical boy »

question is it better to watch Texas Chainsaw massacare two and then get your opinons or should I watch it then give my opinon?
If you think the opinion should come first then respond to this thread if not then wait till tomarrow and I will submit one containing my opinion.
C.B.
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

chemical boy wrote:question is it better to watch Texas Chainsaw massacare two and then get your opinons or should I watch it then give my opinon?
If you think the opinion should come first then respond to this thread if not then wait till tomarrow and I will submit one containing my opinion.
C.B.
I'd need more to go on. By TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2, are you in fact, referring to Tobe Hooper's 1987 film of that name--his own sequel to his 1974 original? Or do you mean THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE BEGINNING, the prequel to Marcus Nispel's 2004 remake? The one that just came out?

But in either case, I can assure you of one thing--if I waited for other people's opinions before checking out something I was at all curious about, I'd have missed plenty of my personal favorites. I'm always willing to listen to informed opinions, but the only one who decides anything for me is... well, me. If you have ANY interest in checking it out, then check it out. And I, for one, would be more than happy to listen to what you have to say after the fact.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
gsfnw

Imo

Post by gsfnw »

In my opinion, you should just see them. Would I have seen "Curse of the Cannibal Confederates" had I relied on someone's opinion?

The 1987 TCM 2 featuring Dennis Hopper is fucking hilarious. Plus, it has the guy who plays Otis in the Devil's Rejects in it, and he's cool in this one too.

Not to mention seeing Leatherface get horny and use his chainsaw as a penis extension.

TCM The Beginning was fucking lame if you ask me, but other people really loved it.
chemical boy

Post by chemical boy »

Well I believe it's Dennis Hoopers version and unfortunetly I didn't get around to watching it last night...which sucks I bought the thing twenty four hours ago and I still haven't watched it I hate that!
It's like this obsession I have about watching a film as soon as the security stickers are removed
you know the ones that are near impossible to open unless you have a knife
either way it's the weekend so the dvd player belongs to me and so may the fun begin
ok need a caffine buzz I'm out
C.B,
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

TCM 2 is one of my all time favorites! Bill Moseley rules! :metalhead
4 out of 5 losers agree, you're cool!
chemical boy

Post by chemical boy »

I was supprised....I definetly know where Rob Zombie gets his inspiration
totally out there I think they could have done better on the kills
a little under done if you ask me
What can I say I have high expectations
ok Im outta here
dr coathanger

Post by dr coathanger »

Was it the utterly worthless theatrical version or the greatly improved uncut version anchor bay put out many years ago? This movie, in its original incarnation would get half a star from me, where as the uncut version would be more around the 2 and a half/ 3 star range, out of 5 possible stars. One of the best 'unrated editions' ever in my opinion.