The Executioner

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

gothbat

The Executioner

Post by gothbat »

I watched this last night and was pretty impressed. Right from the opening scene, in which the two main characters electrocute a guy in a wheelchair using a urinal and an extension cord and then proceed to go on a shooting spree during the opening credits, this movie moves at full speed. The story is about the son of an old mob boss who was deported from the United States back to the old country who comes to America to get revenge and get a piece of the action. Tons of off-color/non-PC humor, a fast pace, and a good body count make this movie a ton of fun! They certainly don't make em' like this anymore! Anyone else seen this? Thoughts?
/\../\

"Come on, let's pay our fuckin' respects!" - Suicide (Return of the Living Dead)
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Oh, I remember THIS one, all right...

Watch out for Duke Mitchell. Name sound familiar? As in "Duke Mitchell and Sammy Petrillo?" Yep--the "Dean Martin" half of the Martin and Lewis impersonator duo that starred in BELA LUGOSI MEETS A BROOKLYN GORILLA. That's the same guy.

Terrific non-PC fun, as you said. Did you dig up an old tape, or was this the belated Quentin Tarantino/Rolling Thunder re-release, or am I COMPLETELY off base here?

Oh, by the way, there's a film called THE EXECUTIONER PART 2--from the director of DON'T GO IN THE WOODS. No connection. They were trying to get people with short attention spans to think that they'd made a sequel to THE EXTERMINATOR (before there actually WAS one), and that they wouldn't notice the subtle difference in the title. THE EXECUTIONER PART 2 is not a sequel to ANYTHING... and you thought SURF II invented that gag, eh?
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
gothbat

Post by gothbat »

Remo D wrote:Did you dig up an old tape, or was this the belated Quentin Tarantino/Rolling Thunder re-release, or am I COMPLETELY off base here?
I got an old VHS tape of this not too long ago, it was released by Videoville Showtime, Inc., the box says “Original Version” but I don’t see any alternate versions for it on imdb so hopefully it is the only version or at least the most complete one. I was doing some searching on info about a DVD release and it looks like Rolling Thunder Pictures has been gone for a while. I didn’t know this until now. I did find some news that Grindhouse should be eventually releasing this on DVD though. It also turns out that there is a lost sequel to this movie called Gone with the Pope that they have also acquired. The trailer is even on youtube. Looks good! :) It's too bad that Grindhouse doesn’t appear to have a homepage we can verify this on.
/\../\

"Come on, let's pay our fuckin' respects!" - Suicide (Return of the Living Dead)