Horrorfest

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Angelica

Horrorfest

Post by Angelica »

So, I came here to see which movies in this years "fest" were worth checking out and am surprised to see no one talking about it. Is there none worth seeing? Is everyone boycotting? I don't really have money to see more than one or two and last year I apparently made all the wrong decisions, so if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
[color="Indigo"][b]NEFARIOUS PRODUCTIONS[/b][/color]

[size=75][color="DarkSlateBlue"]"The lions are out of their cages, and you may well find that they'll eat the mouthy Christians first." - S.K.[/color][/size]

[font="Century Gothic"][b][color="Purple"]Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire[/color][/b][/font]
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

I was excited about The Deaths of Ian Stone and Frontier(s) then I found out that Frontier(s) was pulled for allegedly being "too violent". Between that and Hitman, Xavier Gens can't seem to catch a break.

Then I read an review of Ian Stone at Dread Central that bummed me out. It looked like it had so much promise.

Nothing else looks good to me.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Angelica

Post by Angelica »

How can you pull a movie for being too violent when it's in what is supposed to be an "indie" horror arena. Stupid! It's like when I worked at a movie theater and people were walking out of Natural Born Killers because it was too violent... like you could not judge by the title and director that it may not be a sun shiney movie.

Well, I got time today and it looks like my choices are Ian Stone and Unearthed. Ill have to go with Ian. I will let you know how it turns out....

Thanks!!
[color="Indigo"][b]NEFARIOUS PRODUCTIONS[/b][/color]

[size=75][color="DarkSlateBlue"]"The lions are out of their cages, and you may well find that they'll eat the mouthy Christians first." - S.K.[/color][/size]

[font="Century Gothic"][b][color="Purple"]Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire[/color][/b][/font]
Lode

Post by Lode »

Angelica wrote:How can you pull a movie for being too violent when it's in what is supposed to be an "indie" horror arena. Stupid! It's like when I worked at a movie theater and people were walking out of Natural Born Killers because it was too violent... like you could not judge by the title and director that it may not be a sun shiney movie.
Yeah, did they think NBK was going to be about roses and ranch houses with picket fences? Jeez :rolleyes:

And who judges whether something is "TOO" violent, or violent enough to pull from a film fest such as this? It's just scenes on film, probably nothing more horrible than what happens in reality anyway...
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Well, don't hold your breath for a review from me... we didn't even GET Horrorfest this year. No great loss, from what I'm hearing.

FRONTIERES was pulled because it got an NC-17 and because Lionsgate had a contractual obligation to release only R-rated movies for Horrorfest (so much for films that go too far)--however, they say they're going to give it an uncut release separately, before we jump down their throats.

On the other hand, those lucky few who actually got Horrorfest 2 (a box office disaster compared to the first one) were non-plussed by such absolute non-horror as the post-apocalyptic actioner TOOTH AND NAIL among other delights... from what I've read (primarily the blog postings of my good friend Chadwick on Myspace), the line-up was an utter bust, with only MULBERRY ST. standing out in the crowd.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!