R.I.P Dan O'Bannon

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Darth Tanner

R.I.P Dan O'Bannon

Post by Darth Tanner »

Just a few weeks after the death of Paul Naschy, it looks like genre fans are being dealt another blow. Amidst the media hype surrounding Brittany Murphy's death, I just found out today that director/screenwriter Dan O'Bannon passed away last Thursday at the age of 63. Most of us will likely remember him as the director of the 1985 zombie classic RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, but he also wrote the scripts for other classics such as ALIEN, DARK STAR and TOTAL RECALL. His only other directorial credit was a little-known 1992 adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's THE RESURRECTED (which I thought was pretty decent when I saw it years ago on HBO). The funny thing is I was actually watching ALIEN a few nights ago and had no idea that O'Bannon had died. Weird how those things happen sometimes. It's actually been years since I've seen ROTLD and now I'm itching to see it again. I just need to get the DVD first since I don't have it in my collection for some odd reason.

R.I.P. Dan....and thanks for the entertainment.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

A sad event indeed. So sorry to hear about this (and my modem's been dead for a week, so forgive the late reply). Thanks for the memories, big guy.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!