Well, what the fuck do I know, anyway?

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Remo D

Well, what the fuck do I know, anyway?

Post by Remo D »

THE (fucking) ROOMMATE at number 1. Easily skunking SANCTUM (which I'll review later). My services are obviously no longer needed...
Kimberly

Re: Well, what the fuck do I know, anyway?

Post by Kimberly »

i saw that today and couldn't believe it (that it was no.1)

:rolleyes:
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

Profanity is a useful literary device when used with discretion which makes it easy to read your sincerity.

I'll never figure out the masses and their tastes or lack thereof.
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

I'd say Remo that you obviously know more than today's typical movie going crowd. The people who made ROOMMATE the #1 movie were no doubt teenagers and/or fans of "Gossip Girl". I'm willing to bet thant these people probably never even saw or heard of SINGLE WHITE FEMALE. This younger crowd are probably the same type of clueless dweebs that also made the 2008 PROM NIGHT remake the #1 movie when it came out. I've long since stopped understanding the tastes of today's younger moviegoing crowd. I know what I like in a movie and that's all that matters.

But then again the younger crowd did help land DISTURBIA at the top spot back in 2007, so I have to give them that since I actually thought that movie was pretty decent.
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

I also enjoyed DISTURBIA--it was clearly modelled on REAR WINDOW but wasn't a slavish ripoff--it's the sort of film that lets you say "If you liked THAT, have I got a movie to show YOU" to a younger viewer...