John Carpenter's THE WARD

Horrornews is a discussion forum for true horror fans to discuss the more obscure areas of the horror/cult/exploitation film genre as well as current theatrical horror.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Darth Tanner

John Carpenter's THE WARD

Post by Darth Tanner »

So has anybody on here caught this one yet?

I know it went straight to video a few months back but I finally got around to seeing it last night. There was hope when this movie was first announced that it would be a return to form for John Carpenter (who hasn't made a movie since 2001's GHOSTS OF MARS....which I liked despite it being universally panned). I have to say I was somewhat let down with this one. The movie wasn't completely horrible and certainly better than his last movie, but I found the film lacking in some places and there were things in the story that didn't make much sense to me in the end. The one thing I liked most about the movie was the lead performance by Amber Heard as well as the actor who played the psychiatrist. But in the end it made me long for the days when Carpenter actually made decent movies. THE WARD doesn't even approach the level of his classics such as THE FOG or PRINCE OF DARKNESS (which desperately needs a Blu-Ray release).

If anyone else on here has seen it, what are your thoughts? I'm thinking this is one I'll eventually warm up to, but for now I'm kind of bummed about what it could have been.
Chris Slack

Re: John Carpenter's THE WARD

Post by Chris Slack »

I saw it months ago and it must have been pretty forgettable as I don't remember it very well.
Scott

Re: John Carpenter's THE WARD

Post by Scott »

Sad to see it go straight to video after Carpenter has been out of action for over so long.