T3: Now that it's actually here...

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Remo D

T3: Now that it's actually here...

Post by Remo D »

After so many predictions of a big, lumbering flop appearing much too late to keep this series going, it is my pleasant duty to report that T3, while hardly the most necessary film (or even the most necessary sequel) ever made, retains its ability to entertain.

I watched on autopilot for a few minutes, then we got to the obligatory "Give me your clothes" scene. Well, the viewers may very well split down the middle here--plenty of people are going to groan and complain about how it went down this time (too damn SILLY!), but it rather won me over with a good laugh.

Sure, the action's fine. Sure, the effects are fine. And I had a better time with one particular vehicle chase than I did with the endless freeway carnage in MATRIX RELOADED, for example.

Story? Eh... basically just a rehash of T2 with a few new twists to it--the climax is rather anti-climactic by comparison, but the film does have the courage to stay on for a few minutes and deliver something other than the usual fadeout.

It's no earth-shaker, but it worked for me in the long run (and that's just a figure of speech--this one doesn't try to push itself past two hours like most "event" movies, and that's another point in its favor).

Fun to be had.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

I had my doubts that Ahhnold would be able to pull it off at his age but he did with flying colors! I had a great time watching this, nothing too revolutionary but very well paced and lots of fun. And you were right Remo, that chase scene kicked some MAJOR ass!

Has anyone heard whether or not they used CGI to restore Arnolds physique to it's old shape when he was running around nekkid? If not, he must have been working out like a madman for a good while before shooting commenced.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
TheZoo

Post by TheZoo »

i saw an interview that he did, he said that he had been keeping track of his weight for the last 30 years or so and specifically altered his pyschique for this role. To be in the same shape he was then. He said it was harder than training for Mr Universe.
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

I actually didn't want to see this because it didn't have the whole original cast/James Cameron thing and with Arnie being like 100 years old, I just didn't think it was going to work. Looked awful to me and I said eh I can wait for video...

Last night I was dragged after work to a showing at 12:45am...

And am I glad I was dragged.

This movie was alot of fun! The effects were pretty good. It was a total *guy* movie... it was as if they said let's see how much shit we can destroy and blow up. Movies like this are the ones that actually scare me and not all the horror/gore shit. Computers freaking out and *thinking* on their own. People being so dependant on machines... just scares me.

All I have to say is...

Talk to the hand!!

:p
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

Saw this on opening day and thought it was a lot of fun (I actually enjoyed T3 a little more than HULK). I also had some reservations about seeing it since Cameron wasn't attached to the product, but it turned out to be a total surprise. Yes, it was nice to see Arnold back in top form after a six-year slump and he certainly doesn't disappoint here. Nick Stahl and Claire Danes also gave believable performances as well. But the Terminatrix was the highlight of the movie for me. While I liked T2: JUDGEMENT DAY a bit better, this entry is still a lot of fun. And yes...that big chase scene was definitely better than the one in MATRIX RELOADED. Seeing T3 was like a breath of fresh air and I couldn't have been happier with the experience. If you are an Arnold or TERMINATOR fan then this is one to see.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Yeah, not too bad. Certainly Arnie's best flick for some time (but then that ain't sayin' much). You'll probably forget it the moment you walk out of the cinema, however.
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

I am such a loser. Not only have I NOT seen T2 yet, but because of that I now have to be one of those people who goes and rents it because the new one is out. But I do want to go catch this in the theatre. I can't believe that there has been so many movies I want to GO see lately.
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

Originally posted by Griff [Mola]
Yeah, not too bad. Certainly Arnie's best flick for some time (but then that ain't sayin' much). You'll probably forget it the moment you walk out of the cinema, however.
Definitely best flick since Jingle All The Way.
FOG

Post by FOG »

T3 was FUCKING AWFUL.

Yeh it was fun because I was laughing at how much the movie SUCKED the entire time.

How can people give this garbage credit and say Dumb and Dumberer was bad?? At least that movie knew it was RETARDED.
Let's ask him, what's the deal?
Irrylath

Post by Irrylath »

Originally posted by Kimberly
Talk to the hand!!

oh lord! :D I thought that was the cheesiest line ever!
This movie was okay.....and I like the ending. I like a little twist at the end to tie it together in a neat bow. They should rename this movie "See How Much Shit We Can Destroy in an Hour and a Half"! But it served it's purpose of entertainment and I wasn't quirming in my seat too horribly....
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Okay, okay... speaking of "Talk to the hand," can ANYONE definitively identify the first time that catch phrase was used? At one point I thought I knew where it came from... but now I'm not so sure. Anyone?
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Irrylath

Post by Irrylath »

Jerry Springer show?
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Okies, I asked some of *the boys* that I work with... gotta love working in Hollywood... anyhoo... the majority of the boys I asked all thought the talk to the hand started with In Living Color and that whole Men on Film sketch that they use to do. Dunno if they are right or not but it's what most of them thought...
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Oh and another co worker I talked to mention that he thought it came from the tv show Martin....

Ringing any bells for anyone?

Cause fuck if I know... good brain wracker of a question though :)