Johnny English

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Remo D

Johnny English

Post by Remo D »

Now, THAT's what it's all about!

While some people are wasting time and money trying to remake THE IN-LAWS, others are happy enough to go for the laughs and know how to get them.

So... every review concedes that spy spoofs are old hat? Er... the point being? Oh, and the plot doesn't hold up? That the villain's scheme is ridiculous to the point of being incomprehensible? My, my... guess that means I couldn't have enjoyed the film after all...

Do you need a review? Does the idea of Rowan Atkinson as a clueless James Bond sound like fun to you? Does it make you want to see the film at ALL? Then DO so.

A fairly traditional, predictable opening... and then comes the bit with the ballpoint pen "...looks like an ordinary pen to the untrained eye until you click it twice..."--and you know you're in good hands.

Atkinson is (surprise surprise) hilarious. The film looks good and is well-handled, too... believe it or else, someone's actually come up with yet another fresh dimension to the traditional car chase... I guarantee you have NOT seen this before!

There's the funeral. There's the muscle relaxant. There's the "element of surprise" bit. There's the archbishop's ass. There's more.

Okay--I've listed a bunch of highlights without actually giving away a single gag. You know by now whether you want to see this or not. Act accordingly.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

I agree that it's worth seeing, but feel it should be pointed out that most of the gag sent out announcements of their impending presence long before they actually turn up. Had it not been Atkinson, this movie'd be pretty avoidable.
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

I really have no plans to see this, but I am convinced that Atkinson is one of the funniest people in pantheon of comic actors.