Spy Kids 3-D

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Remo D

Spy Kids 3-D

Post by Remo D »

If your child is old enough to sit through a feature film whilst wearing a pair of 3-D glasses, then by all means...

Even my daughter knew that the first one was the best one--I liked the second one more than she did thanks to the Harryhausen tributes--this one's a gimmick. But of course, I love 3-D and I'm not going to write a whole review blasting the film because I hated the gimmick (Roger...)

It's true, though--they kinda sorta forgot to WRITE this one first. And if I were Daryl Sabara, I'd be a bit insulted by the end credits. Antonio Banderas and Carla Gugino (the parents) get the very briefest of appearances at the very end of the film. Guess who gets top billing? Alexa Vega (the sister) spends half the movie in suspended animation. Guess who gets third billing? Daryl carries the ENTIRE film. Guess who gets fourth billing? Still--he outranked Ricardo Montalban and Sylvester Stallone (both quite amusing, if as underwritten as everybody else).

But I liked the 3-D, I liked the creature designs, and I liked the game designs. Also a certain LOTR-ish cameo...

It's an amusement--more of a theme park attraction than a solid feature film. And it's been announced that this truly is the end of the series. So... I give it the benefit of the doubt and leave it to the video game audience (hugely inspired by Robert Rodriguez's own children, I understand). If you have youngsters to take care of--for whatever reason--they'll appreciate it.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

How is it possible that Rodriguez can make these Spy Kids movies so fast AND still work on Once Upon A Time in Mexico? That guy must not sleep. Ever.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Originally posted by Latte Thunder
How is it possible that Rodriguez can make these Spy Kids movies so fast AND still work on Once Upon A Time in Mexico? That guy must not sleep. Ever.
He don't drink. He don't do drugs. He got hitched when he was a kid. This is how he party's.