Men in Black II--still fun, but...

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Remo D

Men in Black II--still fun, but...

Post by Remo D »

Did you like MEN IN BLACK? Then you'll want to see the sequel at least once--there's plenty of good fun in it, and Smith, Jones and the effects are all in good form. Lara Flynn Boyle is a fine alien underwear model, and yes, I even laughed at the dog quite a bit...

The problem here is that they try to ram you through the story so quickly that you don't realize how shallow and unfinished it is--and it doesn't work. You still have time to wonder how "K" can't remember a "self-neuralyzed" secret even after he's been through the "deneuralyzer," and the relationship of the two agents to the Rosario Dawson character is blipped over so quickly you'd swear there was at least half an hour cut from the (surprisingly short for a big summer movie) film. As a result, the last half hour comes as a huge, frantic anticlimax that's nowhere near as enjoyable as the first hour.

It's not awful, but it's still something of a disappointment. I look forward to THE POWERPUFF GIRLS MOVIE next (think I'm kidding?).
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

I liked the first one well enough to pick up the Limited Edition DVD when it came out (fuck that lame reissue that calls itself a Deluxe Edition). But from the trailer, this doesn't look much different from the first film. I might see it while I'm on vacation, but it's really not something I'm in any hurry to see. I'm sure I'll get to it one of these days though:)
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]