As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner » Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:48 am

Has anyone else seen this yet? I caught it on a double-bill with EIGHT-LEGGED FREAKS this past weekends and was kinda disappointed with it. Sure it has a talented cast and an interesting beginning, but halfway through I started to lose interest. The pacing was very slow and I found myself fighting boredom at several points. The story also started to lose some steam at the halfway point and lost me completely. This is probably a movie that requires a degree of patience on the viewer. If so, I may give it another chance on video. But anyone else who has seen it please chime in with your opinions. Hopefully I'm not alone on this since I was looking forward to this one for awhile.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA

[url=]My DVD collection[/url]

I am 138

Post by I am 138 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:58 am

I was disappointed with it as well. I thought casting Williams was interesting, but overall the movie just felt...flat. I'd be interested in seeing the original Norweigian (???) film, though.
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]