Megiddo

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

FOG

Megiddo

Post by FOG »

Recommended to us by a friend who guaranteed we would laugh our asses off, me and a couple buds went to check out this "sequel" to the Omega Code today.
And all I have to say is - if you love B-movies, go see this now! Wait, make that - if you love Z movies, go see this now!

This movie was fuckin hilarious. We were dying in the theater. What was even better was that everyone else there was not a year under forty and they were all taking it seriously. Which I cannot imagine doing because there is no way in hell this movie was made by someone over the age of 11. MY GOD. The B-movie returns. Not only did this star Michael Beihn and Udo Kier (all in hilariously awful performances) But it was the first movie I have seen in forever that not only made not a shred of sense, but didnt even attempt to try.

This movie was fucking crazy. It was off in some alternate reality. Some psychotic view of how the world works. Nothing is explained, just billions of ideas thrown together and executed in ways that can only be deemed so bad they are brilliant. I have not laughed at a movie so hard in forever.

I almost pissed my pants at already classic scenes such as a gun battle between FBI agents and Secret Service Agents, R. Lee Ermey (not only ridiculously cast as president - oh my god, who is the genius that created this film? oh right. The director of Leprechaun 4) having a heart attack and falling down only to be picked up before he hits the ground and carried to his car by six of his bodyguards who appear to have trouble figuring out which body part to grab, Michael York screaming "CHAOS!! CHAOS!!" over and over at the people of Africa for no apparent reason, and then falling down as tho exhausted after coughing up over a billion killer bees to attack China, the look on Michael Beihn's face as small explosions occur behind him over and over and over and over...

Not to mention computer game effects, babies being set on fire, thousands of crappy slow mo, dissolve, and other assorted digital camera effects for no apparent reason, and so so soo sooooo much more.

If you love bad movies, do yourself a favor and watch this tomorrow. Bring some friends and have a party, its time to celebrate.

There's a new king in town, and his name is Jerusalem? Oh right Megiddo: quite possibly the most ridiculously impossible name to remember - ever.
Let's ask him, what's the deal?
David Austin

Post by David Austin »

Glad to see your return to the board, Kevin...too bad I can't think of the title to this flick without thinking of TO MEGA THERION by Celtic Frost. "DAWN OF MEGIDDO!!!"

Believe me, this movie looks like a two-ton turkey. Even die-hard Christians think this flick is absolutely worthless. However, I'm sure to get a kick out of it thanks to the topic. I'm a sucker for going to see religious-themed films in the theater. Nothing was funnier than getting all gothed up (black fingernail polish, devil locks, and Slayer shirt) with friends and going to see THE CHAMPION starring Carman. The look on the patron's faces made it a classic moment.

I'll take your advice and see this one. The snippets I saw on the religious channel (I watch to get the numbers of religious bastards I can crank call) look absolutely priceless.

------------------
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
FOG

Post by FOG »

Do it David. This is the first movie I have seen at the theater in a while that has had me wanting to come back and pay five more bucks to see it again..

And yes, it's true, there is nothing better than finding yourself laughing at scenes of people being blown up or set on fire while everyone else in the theater is shocked.
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

been reading about Meggido over at Ain't It Cool News... according to them, it's a great movie. Somebody's getting payed. I refuse to believe that any Godsploitation movie is "great".

Sounds like pure shitty fun. It's supposed to be paranoid christian armageddon stuff, isn't it? Like something to do with the anti-christ and a one world government or something.
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
FOG

Post by FOG »

Yeh, its about the antichrist becoming king of the world and then trying to destroy it.

its not funny because it is Christian tho, its funny because of how truly awful, crazy, and senseless it is.
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

So, lemme get this straight: Some religious groups in the States scam some big bucks and instead of feeding starving midgets in Uruguay or whatever, they blow it on a feature length advert for the cinema? Presumably to make more money? But not for the starving midgets in Uruguay? Crazy!

Its too bad they don't get shown down this way cos God knows I my viewing habits are in some serious need of redemption.
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Whoops! Didn't know this one made it to The Beaten Track--I'm treating it as a horror film, so come check out my post at Horrornews.

Yeah, it's out there...

------------------
"Nya-nya, nya-nya, nyahh-nyahh... I made you eat your parents!!!" --Cartman
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!