Page 1 of 2

Trailer Park Boys: The Movie

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:15 pm
by Kimberly

Rad!!!

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:40 pm
by ZXRO
I can't fuckin' wait!!! :D:D:D

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:44 pm
by Shpongled
Oh yes!

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:18 pm
by dr coathanger
This shit looks dope as fuck! I've been following the development of this flick for some timeand it appears it is getting an American theatrical release, despite the show not being a hit on BBC America. Did word of mouth do the trick?

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:29 pm
by Donnie
Hmm... I guess I'll finally have to watch that DVD. :D
I'll bring it back as soon as I watch it, Dr. C.

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:36 pm
by dr coathanger
You fuckin' better. I have 3 & 4 now, and 5 is on the way real soon. I think the movie might be a prequel anyway. There actually was a Trailer Park Boys movie befeore the series, kind of a pilot, which showed on the IFC channel. It too was a prequel.

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:44 pm
by Donnie
OK... I'll watch it tonight, or tomorrow... or sometime. :D

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:49 am
by Kimberly
dr coathanger wrote:You fuckin' better. I have 3 & 4 now, and 5 is on the way real soon. I think the movie might be a prequel anyway. There actually was a Trailer Park Boys movie befeore the series, kind of a pilot, which showed on the IFC channel. It too was a prequel.
5 is fucking awesome!! Have you seen the Christmas prequel? I can't wait for the movie... it's gonna rock!

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:53 am
by Shpongled
This new movie is supposed to be about how Ricky and Julian met, and before they lived in a trailer park together, correct?

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:17 pm
by dr coathanger
Kimberly wrote:5 is fucking awesome!! Have you seen the Christmas prequel? I can't wait for the movie... it's gonna rock!
Yep. In fact, that's out on DVD as well now, I think.

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:18 pm
by dr coathanger
Shpongled wrote:This new movie is supposed to be about how Ricky and Julian met, and before they lived in a trailer park together, correct?
Thats what I've heard, but I don't know anything "official".

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:58 pm
by LIVE FO RETSINIM
sorry to necro post but this deserves it.


When is this shit coming out? Also, before you guys where talking about the pilot. Where did you get that? It wasn't on the 1st and 2nd season dvd to my knowlegde. I gotta see that.

I have netflix. And they only have the 1, 2, 3, and 4th seasons right now. Where do you guys get your at?

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:52 am
by Kimberly
LIVE FO RETSINIM wrote:sorry to necro post but this deserves it.


When is this shit coming out? Also, before you guys where talking about the pilot. Where did you get that? It wasn't on the 1st and 2nd season dvd to my knowlegde. I gotta see that.

I have netflix. And they only have the 1, 2, 3, and 4th seasons right now. Where do you guys get your at?
Dunno when it's coming out :(

I can't remember where I got the pilot from... I think a friend of ours downloaded it and brought it over. It's really funny... what Julian use to do for a living. Some pretty funny shit. Anyhoo, 5th season we downloaded... and the Christmas prequel is out on DVD now.

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:26 pm
by Chris Slack
The pilot is funny as hell but different. It's in black and white and Julian and Ricky snort coke instead of smoking weed. No bottle kids, no Mr. Lahey and Randy, no Bubbles, almost a whole different show.

Per the official TPB site at http://www.trailerparkboys.com/ the movie will be out in October. I hope I don't have to drive to BC to see it on the big screen but I will if I have to :)

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 am
by Shpongled
Chris Slack wrote:The pilot is funny as hell but different. It's in black and white and Julian and Ricky snort coke instead of smoking weed. No bottle kids, no Mr. Lahey and Randy, no Bubbles, almost a whole different show.

Per the official TPB site at http://www.trailerparkboys.com/ the movie will be out in October. I hope I don't have to drive to BC to see it on the big screen but I will if I have to :)
Let me know if you need company for the ride :)

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:51 am
by LIVE FO RETSINIM
Yeah I want to go also.

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:38 pm
by dr coathanger
I'm still haven't been able to confirm if this is being released in the States, but it hits theaters October 6th. Anybody see season 6? I was a bit nonplussed that it's only six episodes, but quality over quantity I guess and it definitely is quality!

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:56 pm
by LIVE FO RETSINIM
dr coathanger wrote:I'm still haven't been able to confirm if this is being released in the States, but it hits theaters October 6th. Anybody see season 6? I was a bit nonplussed that it's only six episodes, but quality over quantity I guess and it definitely is quality!


I just finished season 4. This is the best show ever no doubt. It sucks cause netflix only has the first 4 seasons right now (so i gotta dl the rest i guess). The special features are funny as hell too. They have interviews with the director and the producers those dudes are funny.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:27 pm
by Chris Slack
My plan is to head up to BC on Friday October 13th around noon, Clark has booked one seat in my car already. Trailer Park Boys movie first, then Infernal Majesty and Tyrants Blood in the evening at the Cobalt. We will be heading back down after the show.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:17 pm
by Kimberly
This is SOOOO not fair!!

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:34 pm
by Chris Slack
Kimberly wrote:This is SOOOO not fair!!
My close proximity to the great white north and the TPB movie in theaters makes up for all the great theatrical screenings you seem to get on a somewhat regular basis :)

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:58 pm
by Kimberly
meh!

:)

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:08 am
by LIVE FO RETSINIM
Chris Slack wrote:My plan is to head up to BC on Friday October 13th around noon, Clark has booked one seat in my car already. Trailer Park Boys movie first, then Infernal Majesty and Tyrants Blood in the evening at the Cobalt. We will be heading back down after the show.


What do you need to get into Canada now days?
How many seats you got?
Can we listen to Phil Hendrie on the way up?
I many have a meeting on that day but still interested.

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:08 am
by LIVE FO RETSINIM
fuck this movie has got to come out in the states soon right? This is insanity.

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:25 am
by Chris Slack
LIVE FO RETSINIM wrote:fuck this movie has got to come out in the states soon right? This is insanity.
As of right now there are no plane to release it in the states, it is a Canadian show on Canadian TV. It was show heavily edited on BBC Americ for one season but it bombed. Why would they release it in America? DVD only probaly.

To get into CA you need a bith certificate (or passport) and drivers licence. You also must have a sqeaky clean criminal record or the who carload of people will be denied access into the country or possibly banned from returning to Canada.