Business Of Strangers

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

FOG

Business Of Strangers

Post by FOG » Sun Nov 25, 2001 7:59 am

Does anyone know anything about this movie? I saw a trailer for it at The Man Who Wasn't There and for some reason it really stood out to me, I don't exactly know why but I just got the feeling that I should see it.
Let's ask him, what's the deal?

Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner » Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:18 pm

Here I go digging up old posts again:)

I just rented this movie and sat through it. I honestly thought it was a pretty decent movie and better than I expected (the trailer I saw on the DVD was somewhat misleading). I don't want to dwell into any plot details without giving anything good away, but I still say this movie is at least worth a look. Stockard Channing and Julia Stiles are great and have terrific chemistry, but Stiles really steals the movie and IMO gives her best performance to date (even better than WICKED). I won't go as far as to call this movie a classic, but it definitely deserves to be better known. According to what I've seen on the IMDB this movie had a pretty limited release and as I recall didn't even play in my area. But it is still a pretty decent rental that is well worth the 85 minutes as long as you are not expecting too much.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]