Prairie Home Companion

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Jonathan

Prairie Home Companion

Post by Jonathan »

This is one of the best movies I've seen this year. No, it isn't a horror or action movie. It's not a high budget blockbuster. But a great movie none the less.

The acting is perfect. The script and story line is perfect. And the music makes it. I doubt I'm the only one that grew up to my parents playing records of that kind of music. It's like a combination of gospel and bluegrass with quite a bit of comedy. Truly moving. Woody Harrison and John Reilly's duo singing bout gave me a heart attack I was laughing so hard. Kevin Kleines charactor was pretty damn funny as well.

I recommend this movie to anyone that needs to cleanse their pallet from the abundance of blockbuster films being released lately.

Also, we saw this movie at a small theatre at the bottom of Queen Anne, the same place we saw Good Night And Good Luck. So that theatre is 2 for 2...

Some of the cast:

Meryl Streep
Lily Tomlin
Garrison Keillor
Woody Harrelson
Tommy Lee Jones
Kevin Kline
Lindsay Lohan
Virginia Madsen
John C. Reilly
Maya Rudolph
Take a picture, trick. I'm on a boat, bitch.
Born in a Casket

Post by Born in a Casket »

Bad ass... I wanna see that... so... it's good that people are responding positively to it :D
Angelica

Post by Angelica »

Yes!! Definitely a positive review from us!! I went for the cast, and what an amazing cast it is, but the music made me shiver! Great story, perfect acting (lily and meryl are a great duo as is Woody and John, and Maya Rudolph is funny just standing there) and wonderful, passionate music all performed by the actors.

Great cleansing and a great escape.
[color="Indigo"][b]NEFARIOUS PRODUCTIONS[/b][/color]

[size=75][color="DarkSlateBlue"]"The lions are out of their cages, and you may well find that they'll eat the mouthy Christians first." - S.K.[/color][/size]

[font="Century Gothic"][b][color="Purple"]Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire[/color][/b][/font]
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

I haven't seen anything about this, really, beyond the posters at the local art house. Is this similar to the NPR show? I catch that every now and then and it's usually funny in a really lame way.

Does Guy Noir make an appearance at all?
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Angelica

Post by Angelica »

YUP! He's the narrator. Total dipshit, in a funny way.
[color="Indigo"][b]NEFARIOUS PRODUCTIONS[/b][/color]

[size=75][color="DarkSlateBlue"]"The lions are out of their cages, and you may well find that they'll eat the mouthy Christians first." - S.K.[/color][/size]

[font="Century Gothic"][b][color="Purple"]Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire[/color][/b][/font]